Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shifted Profile within Profile View

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
testtry
948 Views, 6 Replies

Shifted Profile within Profile View

Frustration.....

I have an issue with a profile referenced into a plan sheet that is shifted when I view it in the plan sheet viewport.  The profile stationing is correct in the profile dwg file and in the plan sheet dwg it is referenced into.  But when I switch from model space to paper space in my layout sheet (the file the profile dwg  is referenced into) the profile moves to the wrong station within my profile view in paper space.

The profile start station is 0+00, but it shifts to -1+00 within the viewport of my layout sheet.

The scales are the same between the dwg files (50) and the Annotation scale matches the dwg scales.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mathewkol
in reply to: testtry

I "think" I know what you mean.  I have a client with a similar issue.  Edit the profile view style and set the "Axis Offset" in the Grid tab to a value of 0.0.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 7
kyheulon

WHEN IS AUTODESK GOING TO FIX THIS!!!!  HOW MANY MORE RELEASES DO WE HAVE TO PAY FOR UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!!!!

(loud angry words)

I wish that made me feel better, but it really doesn't.

Keith

Message 4 of 7
abbythralls
in reply to: kyheulon

I cant believe we are at 2016 and still no fix?

Message 5 of 7
kfarrell8PBPW

Working in 2022 and I am still having this issue. Have there been any fixes to this? When I make a pdf the profile views look correct so this is really only an issue while making revisions. My plan and profile viewports are set to 1"=50' and I have other viewports on the sheet set to 1"=10', when I remove the 1"=10' viewports and regen the profiles look correct.  

Message 6 of 7
mathewkol
in reply to: kfarrell8PBPW

Did you try the potential solution of editing the profile view style?  There have been no changes as far as I know if this style edit works.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 7
kfarrell8PBPW

If the axis offset is set to 0" the profile view looks fine but for this particular job we want to have the offset so this is not a solution. We will likely just change our other viewports to match the 1"=50' viewports and call it good. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report