Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shift click

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
MonkeyTrainer
9662 Views, 15 Replies

shift click

a normal day is when i have a group of somethings selected, and when i hold shift and click some of those selected somethings, they will unselect. like, you window a group of objects, but then decide to de-select something.

now, when i have a group of objects select, and shift click, it doesn't de-select the object, my command line reads "1 image(s) found". how do i get the shift-click back to de-selecting something?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
dasindog
in reply to: MonkeyTrainer

I read this recently I will try and look it up for you... I rememeber there is a map setting you can disable to keep this from happening.

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 3 of 16
dasindog

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/1-image-s-found/m-p/2831495/highlight/true#M140853

imapoptions

general tab

turn off shift+left click

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 4 of 16
jmayo-EE

Raster Design would do this. If it's intalled go to the Raster Design Options dialog, User Preferences tab and uncheck the box for Shift+Left click image select.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 16
MonkeyTrainer
in reply to: jmayo-EE

i dont currently have that installed. is there a text prompt that pops up on the command line someone could post for me that enables/disables this feature?

Message 6 of 16

For some reason in 2013, the Noun/Verb selection keeps turning itself off.  In the Options, Selection tab, make sure that Noun/Verb Selection is checked.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 16

my box was checked. i also tried unselecting, hitting ok, then checking it again. it still is saying the above quote.

thanks.

Message 8 of 16

Mine did this the other day and a simple reboot of the program fixed it.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 9 of 16
tcorey

From the Command prompt, type MAPIOPTIONS, go to General tab, turn off the option to Shift+Left Click Image Select. Now Shift+Left click will de-select objects.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 10 of 16
troma
in reply to: tcorey

So we Shift+click to deselct objects in a selection set, we Shift+click to select grips of selected objects, and now we can Shift+click to select an image too!  Isn't anyone thinking?  What's wrong with Ctrl+click or Alt+click, if we need more clicking options?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 11 of 16
MonkeyTrainer

this fixed it. at first, i was just typing mapoptions, without the i. thank you very much.

Message 12 of 16
tcorey
in reply to: troma

I agree, that would allow you to have both features.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 13 of 16

Hi,

i Have a quick question for you: how did you figure out this solution? i mean is easy just to come to the forums to get the answers but i wonder if there is any other guides to find the commands that are not so common.

Thanks

Message 14 of 16

Thirty-five years of doing training and support for AutoCAD and DCA/Softdesk/Land Desktop/Civil 3D. Every time someone asks me a question, I learn something new. Some of it, I remember.  😉

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 15 of 16
chuckriley13

Thanks Tim, this fixed it for me.

C3D 2021

Message 16 of 16
trandall

Thanks Tim!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report