Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Set Publish Options - 2013

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jking
1610 Views, 8 Replies

Sheet Set Publish Options - 2013

I am having an issue with my Sheet Sets keeping the settings I have entered after closing them out.

For example, I create a new Sheet Set (from Existing Drawings) add my layouts to it, organize them, then I right-click on the Sheet Set name and select Publish > Sheet Set Publish Options

In the dialogue box that opens I change four things:

1. Location: I point it to the network location where I want the DWFs stored.

2. File Format: change from DWFx to DWF (this is due to a limitation with our printing equipment)

3. Type: changed to Single-sheet file

4. Merge Control: changed to Lines Merge

It seems to maintain all of these setting until I close the sheet set out (change drawings, close C3D, etc.) Then when I reopen the Sheet Set later, it will revert the File Format back to DWFx and the Merge Control back to Lines Overwrite.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or why it is not maintaining my settings after closing it? Is there another place to set these options so they default the way I want?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

jking

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: jking

I experience the same behavior in 2012. Hadn't particularly noticed before because we usually use the "plot to plotter" option, but I can certainly understand the frustration.  I've tried changing the ss properties, setting the options you describe, closing the ss, upon reopen it reverts back.  So, I don't think it was just a confirmaton you wanted, but I'm hoping someone will reply with a solution as well.  We're being asked more and more often to plot to other formats.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 9
phil_borycens

Hello! It sounds like you need to do this: after getting all of your settings buttoned up in the Publish dialog, you need to click the little disk button near the top to save a DSD file. Then, whenever you exit the program and launch your sheet set again, you'll just need to pick the DSD file from the Sheet List drop-down. The DSD file stores all of those settings that you set originally.

Please let me know if this works for you. Thanks!

Phil Borycens
Message 4 of 9
jking
in reply to: phil_borycens

I think I see what you are talking about, I am not familiar with this functionality though so I could be using it incorrectly, however it doesn't seem to work the way you describe.

I did the following:

1. Opened an existing Sheet Set (.dst)

2. Updated my settings as stated in my original post

3. In the Sheet Set Manager Palette I clicked the disk/save button in the upper right hand corner and I get a drop down box.

3. Selected Create from the drop down box (it was the only available option)

4. Entered a Name in the New Sheet Selection dialogue box and clicked OK.

5. Closed the Sheet Set

6. Re-opened the Sheet Set, then clicked the disk/save button and selected the Name I entered in step 4.

7. Checked the Sheet Set Publish Options and they had defaulted back to DWFx and Lines Overwrite.

Did I do this correctly per what you said, or did I miss something completely?

Thanks,

jking

Message 5 of 9
phil_borycens

Thanks for sharing your workflow with me. The "little disk button" that I was referring to is found here:

SaveSheetList.png

Phil Borycens
Message 6 of 9
jking

I see now, you are not using the Sheet Set Manager (that’s what I was using), but instead the Publish dialogue box. I am going to go ahead and assume that the issues I am having with Sheet Set Manager are not fixable, and that I need to use the Publish option instead.

I have one problem though, when adding Layouts to a Sheet Set it numbers them, but when adding them to the Publish dialogue box it does not, this could be a major problem when printing to file since the dwfs that are created would not be in the correct order. Is there a way besides renaming each individual Sheet after it has been added, to number them so they will maintain their order after being published?

Thanks for your help,

jking

Message 7 of 9
phil_borycens

I am accessing the Publish Dialog Box from Sheet Set Manager:

PublishDialogBox.png

Phil Borycens
Message 8 of 9
phil_borycens

If you need support on a separate issue regarding Sheet Set Manager, please open a new thread for that question to be addressed. Someone in the community or one of us in Support will be happy to assist.

Thanks!

Phil Borycens
Message 9 of 9
m_rogoff

Hi, unfortunately, I am having the same problem in my Sheet Set with the Merge Control option not saving to Lines Merge. I have to change this before each plot. I am using Acad 2014 LT, so this issue has not yet been resolved in a newer versions. 

Phil, your response was using the Publish menu to save a DSD file. The Sheet Set, which is what I use and what the issue in the original post asked about, uses a DST (Sheet Set Template). You cannot access DSD files in the Sheet Set Manager, so I'm not sure what the relavance of saving the DSD file has regarding this issue. Ideally, I create a new SS and the Lines Merge option is already set without these extra steps.

PLEASE resolve this issue before releasing 2016 as I will be upgrading. This was posted in 2012, that seems like sufficient time for the development team to address this issue. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report