Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet set publish issues

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
civilSD
2605 Views, 9 Replies

Sheet set publish issues

Sheet set publish issue: Civil3D 2014 running on network.  Publish to plotter named in page setup works on one computer (set up to use same Adobe pdf.pc3 file and full pdf page setup at 22x34 size) - one computer creates the pdf as 22x34 and another creates the pdf file as 18x24 size so it cuts off part of the sheet.  Also have a 3rd computer that gets a "the current device does not support the requested media size" error when trying to publish from sheet set and nothing is created.  This happens when trying to publish the same sheet set.  All 3 computers display the same sheet details in the publish dialog box; which appear to be fine on review.  Any ideas on what is the problem?  Thanks!

Process: from Sheet Set Manager: Pick publish dialog box, publish to plotter named in page setup, highlight all layouts and change to page setup needed.  All options picked in the same manner and 'no errors' shows in dialog box.  Can do all 3 computers within minutes and get only one good result.

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: civilSD

@civilSD wrote:

Sheet set publish issue: Civil3D 2014 running on network.  Publish to plotter named in page setup works on one computer (set up to use same Adobe pdf.pc3 file and full pdf page setup at 22x34 size) - one computer creates the pdf as 22x34 and another creates the pdf file as 18x24 size so it cuts off part of the sheet.  Also have a 3rd computer that gets a "the current device does not support the requested media size" error when trying to publish from sheet set and nothing is created.  This happens when trying to publish the same sheet set.  All 3 computers display the same sheet details in the publish dialog box; which appear to be fine on review.  Any ideas on what is the problem?  Thanks!

Process: from Sheet Set Manager: Pick publish dialog box, publish to plotter named in page setup, highlight all layouts and change to page setup needed.  All options picked in the same manner and 'no errors' shows in dialog box.  Can do all 3 computers within minutes and get only one good result.

This error will occur if different driver files are being called does eveyone work station point to a centrally located pc3 file? and does everyone have the same drivers.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 10
civilSD

Can't seem to log in to Discussion Group, so I'll try this email reply. We are all using the same pc3 file. I believe that the drivers should be the same but I will check on Monday; there seems to be a problem with the network today. I did look at the printer devices and they all appear to be using the same "Adobe PDF Converter" driver - at least what is listed in the control panel. Will check in to Civil3D on Monday when I can log in to it. Thanks!

Claudia Murphy
Engineering Technician

[DreamDI LogoFINAL_Transparent-small]
528 Kansas City Street, Suite 4
Rapid City, SD 57701
Phone: 605.348.0538
Fax: 605.348.0545
claudiam@dreamdesigninc.com
Message 4 of 10
Joe-Bouza

Wont be around next week. good luck
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 10
civilSD
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Update: The same drivers and pc3 files are used by everyone from files on the network. I discovered that one user was not verifying that he had the correct "page setup" in the drawing file and this was creating the publishing issue. Thank you for your help! Claudia
Message 6 of 10
Joe-Bouza

I forgot about that.

In your SSm setup you have the ability to point to and overide setup file. I have one for each sheet size so everyone points to the same setup

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 7 of 10
civilSD

Hi Joe,

Yes, I have made a setup in Page Setup Manager for each size we normally use. Unfortunately, that doesn't guarantee that everyone uses the proper technique. I've only been with this firm for 6 months, so I'm still trying to educate folks.

Thanks again for your help! I've seen your input in the discussion groups over the years - always very helpful.

Claudia Murphy
Engineering Technician
Message 8 of 10
mgalicki

Any help on this one?

I have been using sheet sets for several years. Recently one thing in my ss has become “disconnected”?
My template has my drawing settings with fields in the title block which are controlled by the ssm. However when I add a new sheet to the set,I use my template,(OR COPY AN EXISTING FILE FROM THE SET) I edit the titleblock info in the sheets properties dialog box by right clicking the file in the ssm. After finishing editing this info, When I save the file the fields don’t update to the edited info I just did?
Would you know what happened?
Thanks for any insight,
Mark

Everything in existence was first an Idea
Autodesk Plant 3D Premium 2019
Autodesk MEP 2019
HP 3.2 Ghz CPU 16 ram
1TB 7200 rpm SATA 6Gb/s hard drive
2GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680ti
HP 2311x 23" LED Monitor
Message 9 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: mgalicki

are any of your fields custom?
Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 10 of 10
mgalicki

Wow, been a while but still have this issue, so yes I do have several custom fields. Also When I make an index (sheet list table) it doesn't use the info from the fields?

Thanks for any help.

"Also I can not get the plot to do a "Single Sheet File" PDF. Is there a trick to this?

All my PDF plots come out Multi Sheet File even when I pick Single Sheet File?

Everything in existence was first an Idea
Autodesk Plant 3D Premium 2019
Autodesk MEP 2019
HP 3.2 Ghz CPU 16 ram
1TB 7200 rpm SATA 6Gb/s hard drive
2GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680ti
HP 2311x 23" LED Monitor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report