Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet set plotting multiple sizes?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
deltacoolguy
446 Views, 7 Replies

Sheet set plotting multiple sizes?

I want to take the same set of plans, and create PDFs of two different sizes.  One 11x17 set, and one 22x34 set.  Is there an easy way to do this?

I do NOT want to create duplicate layout tabs.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: deltacoolguy

Sure, create a Page Setup for 11x 17 pdf and a Page Setup for 22x 34 pdf in a dwt which is set as the Page Setup overrides file in and plot from SSM using each Page Setup override.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
deltacoolguy
in reply to: Jay_B

This steers me in the right direction, and ALMOST does what I want it to do.  I may need to tweak my process a bit.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 4 of 8
deltacoolguy

...and who accepted the previous post as a solution?  I'm not saying the information provided was right or wrong, but *I* didn't accept it as a solution.  Can anybody go around and do that to any thread?

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 5 of 8
Jay_B

@deltacoolguy wrote:

...and who accepted the previous post as a solution?  I'm not saying the information provided was right or wrong, but *I* didn't accept it as a solution.  Can anybody go around and do that to any thread?

Sorry but I don't have any means of figuring out how the thread got marked as solved.

If it's not the solution, simply select "options" on upper right and choose "Not the Solution".

BTW, What is it meant by "This steers me in the right direction, and ALMOST does what I want it to do."

What are you hoping to accomplish, that the page setup overrides option doesn't provide?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 8
deltacoolguy
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

@deltacoolguy wrote:

Sorry but I don't have any means of figuring out how the thread got marked as solved.

If it's not the solution, simply select "options" on upper right and choose "Not the Solution".

BTW, What is it meant by "This steers me in the right direction, and ALMOST does what I want it to do."

What are you hoping to accomplish, that the page setup overrides option doesn't provide?

I did find "Not the Solution" in the options menu, but in this case I'm going to leave it.  It does address what I wanted, and I believe gives a correct answer.  I'm more curious at how/why it was done to begin with.  Seemed strange to me.

What I meant by "almost" is that when you do this according to what you described you only get 'layout' and 'extents' in the plot area drop down in the Page Setup dialog box as options.  I have my layout done in a slightly uncommon configuration and I think if I tweak what I do on my end just a bit that it will work fine.  I did some tests and the result was skewed just a bit.

I also meant "almost" in the sense that I already have set-ups in each drawing for 11x17 and 22x34.  11x17 is the default for each sheet, and is what I will use the vast majority of the time.  To my mind, it would/should be as easy as simply picking the already existing 22x34 set-up as an override option and leaving it at that.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 7 of 8
Jeff_M

@deltacoolguy wrote:

I'm more curious at how/why it was done to begin with.  Seemed strange to me.

The Discussion_Admin, some other Adesk employees, and Expert Elites all have the ability to do this. Most EE's will not do so until a post that is an obvious answer has not had any action for some time. I was surprised to see how quickly Jay's was marked in this thread when I saw it yesterday.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 8
Joe-Bouza

SSM only plots "Layouts" it behooves you to use them.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report