Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Set Manager

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
dweikle
1029 Views, 11 Replies

Sheet Set Manager

How do I permanently detatch a Sheet Set Manager from a drawing.  It seems when I open differenct drawings, a Manager will open with a drawing it should not be assoicated with, and I can't figure out how to get rid of it to start a new one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: dweikle

Remove Sheet works for me - not you? When this "Manager" shows up is this sheet visibly a member of its list?

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
Sinc
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I've seen lots of strange problems with the SSM and file associations.  Although we usually have the opposite problem, where opening a drawing fails to open an associated Sheet Set...

Sinc
Message 4 of 12
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Sinc

Hi Sinc, could it be a renamed layout tab; perhaps? Curious, if it were part of a SS why open the drawing to get SS and not the other way around?

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
Sinc

I suppose I could TRY to remember to always open the Sheet Set instead of the drawing, even though that adds an extra step most of the time, and it also requires us to REMEMBER which drawings are in Sheet Sets and which aren't, and then use the appropriate version of Big Red C -> Open instead of just using convenient options like CTRL+O or the "Open Drawing" shortcut in the Quick Launch toolbar...

But we shouldn't really have to do such things.  The Sheet Set is supposed to open automatically when we open an associated drawing.  And it does, for some drawings.  But it doesn't, for other drawings.  We've never been able to figure out any rhyme or reason to it...  Just another one of those "Joys of AutoCAD" we learn to live with....  Smiley Tongue

Sinc
Message 6 of 12
dweikle

On occasion, I'll create Drawing A, and create a SSM associated with it.  I will then close that drawing.  Then, sometimes when I turn around and open up Drawing B, the SSM associated with Drawing A will open with it.  If I make any changes to that SSM while in Drawing B, those changes will effect Drawing A.  I can't figure out how to "unlink" the SSM from Drawing B.  Make any sense?

Message 7 of 12
Joe-Bouza

In SSM, Right click drawing B >> properties and tell me what path, file and layout tab it refers to?

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Sinc

I use it as a control system to keep people from opening an outdated or incorrect file. And Now I refuse to answer the ubiquitous ..."where is that file?" I know you are not a big fan and I am - I wont proselytize Smiley Wink

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
dweikle

They all refer back to Drawing A.  I open up Drawing B, type in "sheetset", and it opens the SSM for Drawing A, with the properties pathed back to Drawing A. 

Message 10 of 12
Joe-Bouza

so chnage it.

How did you create file B?

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
tony1978

click on the small pull down at the top of your sheet set manager and right click on the sheet set you want to close. Then select close sheet set.

tony

senior design tech

www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Message 12 of 12
dweikle
in reply to: tony1978

Let me try some of y'all's suggestions.  Thanks for your help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report