Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Set Manager - Import Layouts WITHOUT having to browse for folder

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
todor.latev
576 Views, 4 Replies

Sheet Set Manager - Import Layouts WITHOUT having to browse for folder

I remember a few versions back /using C3D 2015 now/ I was able to drag and drop my layouts from open dwgs into the sheet set manager. 

For some reason Autodesk has removed this functionality now and the only way to import layouts is to browse for the project folder. If I have the project folder in my clipboard there's no way to paste it either - Acad insists that I manually browse through deep folder structures on our project drive to locate my project folder each and every time I need to use the sheet set manager. This has become so annoying to the point where I'm reluctant to use this feature in the first place

So - am I missing something here - is there a way to PASTE my project path and/or is there a way to drag and drop layouts into SSM?

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------
C3D 2015 x64, SP1, Win7 x64, 16Gb RAM
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: todor.latev

@todor.latev wrote:
Acad insists that I manually browse through deep folder structures on our project drive to locate my project folder each and every time I need to use the sheet set manager.

Not really, there are ways of minimizing browsing folder clicks significantly such as using "Add current Folder to Places" feature as described in this Cadnotes post .

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
Joe-Bouza

Drag and drop? Hmmmm. I have never heard of that and have been using SSM since 2005. I have to investigate

Well I'll be there it is as of 2007 Drag and drop to sheet list

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
ralstogj

Hi

Have you tried to select the layout tab right click and from the shortcut menu choose add to sheetset. You can hold shift and select multipile layout at once with the same process.

Justin
Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
Message 5 of 5
todor.latev
in reply to: ralstogj

Thanks!

This will do the trick for now ... i was focused on the SSM and tried all sorts of right clicks there but forgot to check the layout tabs

Still wondering why the "Select Folder" dialog has no option to paste a folder path....what a stupid restriction

----------------------------------------------------------------------
C3D 2015 x64, SP1, Win7 x64, 16Gb RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report