Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Set fields not updating

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JZ_05
1725 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet Set fields not updating

Hi,

I have recenly created layouts imported to a new sheet set and have created custom field properties that belong to both the layout sheets and the sheet set itself.

When inserting fields into the attributes of a block in paper space, some of the custom field properties (from sheets and sheet set) in the field manager are not there and some of the field properties that I can select do no display what I have input into the sheet set manager. There are other fields that do display correctly though.

I have used sheet sets mulitple times with no problems, so I am a bit confused to why this is happening. 

Thanks for suggestions.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: JZ_05

If this is happening to Fields that are block attributes, be sure you set the attribute to Preset when you create it.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: JZ_05

In addition to Tim's advice. SSM fields MUST be defined in the default attribute definition, not in the enhanced editor "Value".

When defining custom fields you have to retype them exactly as define in SSM. its a wierd nusance in know, but thats how it works

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report