Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet not Syncing, forced resync but it won't save... FRUSTRATED!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
htothethird
354 Views, 4 Replies

Sheet not Syncing, forced resync but it won't save... FRUSTRATED!

We are having this problem a lot recently with our projects.

I have a 125 page set and I just got into modify a sheet and the surface and profiles are gone.  I force a sync using "synchronizereferences" and voila everything looks as it should.  I purge and audit, save and close.  I reopen it and once again the surface and profiles are gone. 

Any ideas?  We are using C3D 2013 with service pack 2 installed

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: htothethird

I noticed your related post Here

It's not going to be of much help for this project but by changing your workflow and utilizing multiple C3d source drawings it can offer more flexibility to work around this Syncing issue.

Civil 3d users should'nt have to do worry about this while trying to get a 125 sheet plan set out the door! I feel your pain!

In most instances, having Pipe Networks in their own source drawing and unloaded or detached from the plan sheets seems to make this problem go away in our workflow here.

Until AutoDesk gets this Dref synching issue resolved, this is the only means I've found to workaround it.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
htothethird
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks Jay.  I've seen that other post, and it does work for some things, but I can't just unload my files.  We are already talking of changing the way our files are structured because of this issue.  Thanks for your help.  Hopefully AutoDesk will get on this soon.  Such a PITA

Message 4 of 5
htothethird

Jay - I'm trying to figure out some solutions for our future file structure and I'm curious, do you keep all your "Civil Entities" (surfaces, alignments, pipe networks) all in one drawing or are they all separate?  We are going to have to start our files this way to avoid future issues but curious as the best way to go about it.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Jay_B

Our workflow utilizes several source drawings. We don't have many one man shops within our company so it's a necessity for us to be able to share the project with the design team. We also notice improved drawing performance by having cleaner and lighter source drawings.

Base.dwg - Survey database derived points and figures also serves as EG source dwg
Corridor.dwg file (per alignment) this file will usually be the Alignment ,XG and FG source dwg.
Cross Section.dwg file (per alignment) Sample lines, Section Views and Section Sheets. Drefs of EG, FG amd Datum surfaces are all sampled as well as the xrefd corridor file.
Pipe Network.dwg, (per alignment).

There are many ways to split it up but the above workflow has been working pretty well for us.

Some designers will split the alignment and profile into their own dwgs to but it seems a bit more stable to leave the alignment and FG pfl in same source dwg.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report