AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
Neilw
Message 1 of 3 (174 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sharing C3D resources

174 Views, 2 Replies
11-05-2012 02:24 PM

I'm stumped as to how to set certain Civil 3D data folders to a network location. For example how can I set my default QTO categories, pay item and fomula file paths to a network location?

I've figured out how to set Survey Database and Pipe Network Parts Catalog paths. It seems there should be some general configuration settings dialogue for all these paths somewhere. Is there? If not, is there a list of commands for configuring all the path settings?

This is for standalone clients not using Vault.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
Infrastructure Suite/C3D 2013, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 7 64 PRO
HP Pavillion h8xt, i7 2600, 12 GB
RADEON 6450, 1 GB
http://www.sec-landmgt.com

It's been my experience that these are remembered after you set them the first time. Perhaps if you set them to a unique location on your network and then search your registery you can find where they are set. Just a thought.

Had to test it and found it here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B000:409\Profiles\<<C3D_Imperial>>\Dialogs\Open pay item file

At least for 2013. You can set it on your system, export the key, and then import it to your users. Never done it personally but I'm pretty sure you should be able to do it.

One bit of caution though

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR REGISTERY FIRST!!!

If you don't and you hose your registery, don't blame me.

*Expert Elite*
BrianHailey
Message 2 of 3 (158 Views)

Re: Sharing C3D resources

11-05-2012 03:41 PM in reply to: Neilw

It's been my experience that these are remembered after you set them the first time. Perhaps if you set them to a unique location on your network and then search your registery you can find where they are set. Just a thought.

Had to test it and found it here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B000:409\Profiles\<<C3D_Imperial>>\Dialogs\Open pay item file

At least for 2013. You can set it on your system, export the key, and then import it to your users. Never done it personally but I'm pretty sure you should be able to do it.

One bit of caution though

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR REGISTERY FIRST!!!

If you don't and you hose your registery, don't blame me.

Brian Hailey
CAD-1.com
My Blog
*Expert Elite*
Neilw
Message 3 of 3 (125 Views)

Re: Sharing C3D resources

11-07-2012 03:13 PM in reply to: BrianHailey

Looks like there aren't any better solutions so I'll accept yours Brian. Editing the registry is not a problem for me but I think there should be a way to edit these settings via the software.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
Infrastructure Suite/C3D 2013, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 7 64 PRO
HP Pavillion h8xt, i7 2600, 12 GB
RADEON 6450, 1 GB
http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.