Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing C3D resources

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Neilw_05
281 Views, 2 Replies

Sharing C3D resources

I'm stumped as to how to set certain Civil 3D data folders to a network location. For example how can I set my default QTO categories, pay item and fomula file paths to a network location?

I've figured out how to set Survey Database and Pipe Network Parts Catalog paths. It seems there should be some general configuration settings dialogue for all these paths somewhere. Is there? If not, is there a list of commands for configuring all the path settings?

This is for standalone clients not using Vault.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: Neilw_05

It's been my experience that these are remembered after you set them the first time. Perhaps if you set them to a unique location on your network and then search your registery you can find where they are set. Just a thought.

Had to test it and found it here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B000:409\Profiles\<<C3D_Imperial>>\Dialogs\Open pay item file

At least for 2013. You can set it on your system, export the key, and then import it to your users. Never done it personally but I'm pretty sure you should be able to do it.

One bit of caution though

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR REGISTERY FIRST!!!

If you don't and you hose your registery, don't blame me.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3
Neilw_05
in reply to: BrianHailey

Looks like there aren't any better solutions so I'll accept yours Brian. Editing the registry is not a problem for me but I think there should be a way to edit these settings via the software.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report