Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shading surface

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Darius1234
4692 Views, 5 Replies

Shading surface

Hello,

So, i have 3d created surface from polylines. And i need to colour it by elevation. Is there any automatical way to do that ?

Thanks in advance. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kevinjackman
in reply to: Darius1234

Choose a (or make a new) surface style that has elevations turned on in the plan view (surface style -> display tab -> elevations -> light bulb on). Assign that style to the surface (can use properties panorama to assign the style or go to surface properties). After that, click on the surface, right click and go to surface properties. Go to the analysis tab. On the pull down, choose elevation. Enter the number of elevations you want to shade. Click the down button to show the elevations in the window below. Edit the value of the elevations you want to shade. Click apply. That should do it.
Message 3 of 6
Neilw_05

You can use one of the preconfigured Elevation Band styles. See the help system for topics related to Surface Analysis to learn more about the settings.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 6
Darius1234

Ok, but how to apply it onto 3d surface ? 

Message 5 of 6
kevinjackman

Go into your Surface Style, on the display tab, use 'View Direction' pulldown and go to 'Model'. Ensure 'Elevations' are on. Turn the rest of the display components off. Now you should be able to use Object Viewer to view the elevations in 3D (Right click on the Surface and you can choose Object Viewer). Within Object Viewer choose a visual style such as Realistic.

If you don't want to use object viewer, you could also go to the View tab within the Ribbon, choose an Isometric View from the list there and change the visual style to Realistic.

Message 6 of 6
Darius1234
in reply to: kevinjackman

Thanks yours solutions are very helpfull 🙂 but when i doing those things, you told me, i realised that in my surface theres something wrong, need to check that out 🙂 thanks 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report