Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SewerCAD to Civil 3D (Data corruption while import)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
no_remorse_7
1841 Views, 4 Replies

SewerCAD to Civil 3D (Data corruption while import)

Hello,

I am new at Civil 3D. My aim with Civil 3D is to import a SewerCAD model by saving it as LandXML file into Civil 3D and create the Plan & Profile views plot with my company's layout.

In the insert tab of Civil 3D, via inser LandXML, I import my model into Civil 3D. 

But in the Panorama error dialog box; it gives these error after the import operation:

1-A Part Family with the correct geometry for Structure [MH-720] (manhole name) was found, but an exact match for the optional parameters was not. (for my manholes)

2-A Part Family with the correct geometry for Pipe [CO-524](conduit name) was found, but an exact match for the optional parameters was not. (for my conduits)

And also my diameter information does not match with the original model after the import operation. In the original model my diameters are 1200mm but after the LandXML import, the pipe diameters are shown as 4000.000mm (in the properties panel, in the inner diameter section)

Also the invert start and invert stop elevation values are seen the same meaning a 0% of slope. (The data while importing does not work I properly I guess).

Is there anyone who can help me with the proper import among those softwares?

*I need to fix this problem before proceeding further to my actual problems of plan&profile plot errors. After solving this problem I will post new messages regardign this issue.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
anderson_mnc
in reply to: no_remorse_7

Hello friend, I have the same problem as you, I tried in every way to import Civil 3D 2015 one ladXML file generated in SewerCAD, but always encounter the same problem as you. I managed to get around this? Hug!

Message 3 of 5

Hello friends,

i have done this..

first you export sewer cad data in xml format.

while exporting from sewer cad into xml format it changes the unit of diameter in foot.

we must change this units in xml in meter (you can open xml in word then find & replace)

like for 150mm dia xml shows 0.492 this is foot units i have changed it 0.15m.

then import from civil 3d 2015. it works..

shalender kumar

civil 3D Modeller

Message 4 of 5
corp.hlunasa
in reply to: anderson_mnc

aqui le dejo un link 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQGMHPmzu9Y

sirve para exportar swer cad a civil 3d cualquier versión

Message 5 of 5
tpettis
in reply to: anderson_mnc

How did you get around this as I am just trying to export my pipe network from civil 3d into a new civil 3d file and have the same issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report