Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several issues with Civil 3D 2009 in a Windows 7 x64 environment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
602 Views, 3 Replies

Several issues with Civil 3D 2009 in a Windows 7 x64 environment

Hi all,

Our first Windows 7 x64 machine for CAD and I am having all kinds of challenges. I have tried several things which none seem to have fixed them such as repairing, uninstall (clean uninstall)/reinstall.

1. When I go to browse on a network folder, there is a lag of 10-20 seconds. This only happens in Civil 3D.

2. When I go to plot,  there is a lag of 3-4 minutes(no exaggeration) before the plot dialog box will appear. This only occurs when starting Civil 3D 2009 and plotting. If I close a drawing (but leave Civil 3D 2009 open), open another drawing and plot, it is fine.

3. In object viewer, every time I close out of it I get a Fatal error. This happens in both Civil 3D 2009 and Civil 3D 2010 - so I am assuming there is something hardware-wise that CAD doesn't like?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Rick

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

civil 3d 2009 is not supported on windows 7 only 2010 & higher are

what are your specs of your computer

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

I m fully aware that Civil 3D 2009 is not officially supported with Win7 however there have been enough users (including Autodeskers) that have unofficially told me that they have been running it with no problems

Rick

Message 4 of 4
rfg018
in reply to: Anonymous

I read somewhere this may occure if you are using layer filters.

Try setting layer filter to "all" and see if that make a differnece.

I also seem to have problems when I set the "taskbar" to 1, so I can see tha drawing on the taskbar,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report