Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several Copies of objects on top of each other

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
djorich2500
1290 Views, 4 Replies

Several Copies of objects on top of each other

I have users complaining that when getting into a drawing they notice several copies of the same objects. For example dragging a window over a line shows several copies of the line. It almost seems as if some is coping the entire drawing several times. We have to use the overkill option to delete all of the copies. I think I have it narrowed to a few users, but unless I watch the users working in Civil 3D, I will never now what they are doing. Any suggestions? 

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
manateejim
in reply to: djorich2500

59 lashes with a wet mouse cable. 

Sorry I had to laugh a little, we had the same problem where I used to work.  I knew that any time I open someone elses drawings I would have to overkill and it never got better. 

We actually let the individual go for not conforming to cad standards, sounds harsh but we had to do it.

Good Luck and start with good training.  If they know the rules then ignorance is REALLY no excuse.

-Jim

Message 3 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: djorich2500

I recall this issue occuring during in-place refrence editing, while using LDT. It hapened when a refed was performed on a drawing that was not assigned the same LDT project. Civil3d does have coniptions when refediting at times.

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

That was quick!Smiley Very Happy

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 5
djorich2500
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Yeah, I spoke to the few users, and they use the command. It seemed to be the only variable. I had been researching this issue for a few months, so I spoke to the few users and this was the one common thread. I came back to my office, and I had your post waiting for me. It seemed to make sense. I guess I will have to request the command not be used. I personally don't like the feature and never use it.

thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report