Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up custom coordinate system for COGO points

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
david.mustyak
1582 Views, 4 Replies

Setting up custom coordinate system for COGO points

Hi!

I have a small field (5 by 5 meters) to be set out with about 40 points. Currently i use EOV (Hungarian National Coordinate System), thus each point has a lot of digits. I want to make the implemetor's job easier, so i want to move and rotate the CS near to my field.

I tried to use UCS, but the COGO points retained the "World" coordinates.

Do you have any idea how to carry out this without moving my whole drawing to the origin?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: david.mustyak

You can truncate the coordinates.
http://www.civil4d.com/2008/01/truncs-arent-just-for-elephants/
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 5
david.mustyak
in reply to: mathewkol

Thanks, Matt!

It is a perfect solution for truncating the digits, but i would like to rotate the CS as well, as it is shown below.

I think it can be solved with trigonometric functions, but isn't there an easier way?

Survey.jpg

Message 4 of 5
ctbailey
in reply to: david.mustyak

I think this is a perfect example of a use for the "Transformation" tab found in Drawing -> settings.

We don't really want to MOVE or ROTATE the points, we just want to change the display of the points.

I would look into the Transformation tab, and then revise some of the labels to use the "grid" coordinates, instead of the "local" coordinates.

david.mustyak
in reply to: ctbailey

I tried to use the Transformation before but i didn' know about the grid coordinates.

Now it works perfectly! Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report