Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Civil 3D 2012 as default

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jwebb88
1271 Views, 5 Replies

Setting Civil 3D 2012 as default

Hi guys,

I'm guessing I have overlooked something really simple here, but I cannot seem to be able to set Civil 3D 2012 as the default program my drawings open in. When I open a .dwg it automatically starts running 2011 not 2012. Does anyone know how I can make it run in 2012?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jwebb88
in reply to: jwebb88

Also, I should add that I am running Windows XP.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Right click the File you want to open -> Open with... -> Other... (Even if Civil 3d is selectable here)

Tick the checkbox below the listing, it should be something like "Make this the default" or "Always open with...", then choose the Civil 3D if selectable above or browse for it

Click ok and your good to go

Or just remove 2011...

Btw, this is a Windows question...

Message 4 of 6
jwebb88
in reply to: Anonymous

I figured it might be a Civil 3D question, as I only have the option of acad.exe in the open with prompt, and thought there may be an option inside 2011 or 2012 that I needed to change.

Message 5 of 6
Joe-Bouza

start by using the 2012 desktop shortcut. If you pick files via windows explorer the last acad run will be launched

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
jwebb88
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thanks joe, that solved the problem for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report