Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Alignment Label Elevations

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
366 Views, 3 Replies

Setting Alignment Label Elevations

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to snap or drape the alignment (station) labels over a surface or bring them to the elevation of a selected surface.  I'd like to know how to do this if there is a way, so when I look at surfaces in object viewer I can get an idea of where problem areas are from the stationing labels.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Surface spot elevation labels elevate with the surface, so you could add an alignment station reference-text object to the spot elevation label style and those would elevate as well.

Station labels that are added to an alignment will not elevate because the alignment is a 2d object. It would be long long longhand, but you could explode the alignment label set, create blocks from the labels, and then use surface tools to Move blocks to Surface. It wouldn't be all that hard to create the blocks if you use VisualLISP, but doing it by hand would be extremely laborious. Think about using my first suggestion if you're not a programmer.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

K, thanks I'll have to give that a try

Message 4 of 4
Jurels
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you know if there is a solution in the latest issue of C3D?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report