Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set a profile current

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
221 Views, 4 Replies

Set a profile current

Hello all, I'm attempting to edit a layout profile by moving the pvi. All works fine until I try using the transparent command for station and elevation. It indicates that there is no station as I move my crosshairs around. It works in a different profile so I'm thinking that it should be asking me to select which profile view to use but it is not doing it. Any ideas? -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Aha! I figured out my problem. If the previous profile view is visible, it assumes you want to reuse that view. If you pan so that view is no longer on the screen, it will prompt you to select a profile view. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:419a8a98$1_3@newsprd01... > Hello all, > > I'm attempting to edit a layout profile by moving the pvi. All works fine > until I try using the transparent command for station and elevation. It > indicates that there is no station as I move my crosshairs around. It > works in a different profile so I'm thinking that it should be asking me > to select which profile view to use but it is not doing it. Any ideas? > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Ok, I take that back. That didn't necessarily work. Back to my original question, any ideas? -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:419a8b47$1_3@newsprd01... > Aha! I figured out my problem. If the previous profile view is visible, > it assumes you want to reuse that view. If you pan so that view is no > longer on the screen, it will prompt you to select a profile view. > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:419a8a98$1_3@newsprd01... >> Hello all, >> >> I'm attempting to edit a layout profile by moving the pvi. All works >> fine until I try using the transparent command for station and elevation. >> It indicates that there is no station as I move my crosshairs around. It >> works in a different profile so I'm thinking that it should be asking me >> to select which profile view to use but it is not doing it. Any ideas? >> >> -- >> Brian Hailey >> LDT2005 >> C3D2005 >> XP Pro - SP 2 >> P4 2.8GHz >> 1.00 GB of RAM >> >> >> > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I think its bug. I got the same thing. Maris Rubenis "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:419a8a98$1_3@newsprd01... > Hello all, > > I'm attempting to edit a layout profile by moving the pvi. All works fine > until I try using the transparent command for station and elevation. It > indicates that there is no station as I move my crosshairs around. It > works in a different profile so I'm thinking that it should be asking me > to select which profile view to use but it is not doing it. Any ideas? > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Brain and Maris, We could track this problem during "Edit Profile..." command.. Transparent commands during edit/layout profile seems to be remembering the last profile view used, which it should not. Will be addressed ASAP. Thanks Chakri "Robiz" wrote in message news:419b08ba_2@newsprd01... > I think its bug. I got the same thing. > > Maris Rubenis > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:419a8a98$1_3@newsprd01... > > Hello all, > > > > I'm attempting to edit a layout profile by moving the pvi. All works fine > > until I try using the transparent command for station and elevation. It > > indicates that there is no station as I move my crosshairs around. It > > works in a different profile so I'm thinking that it should be asking me > > to select which profile view to use but it is not doing it. Any ideas? > > > > -- > > Brian Hailey > > LDT2005 > > C3D2005 > > XP Pro - SP 2 > > P4 2.8GHz > > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report