AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

*Jason Stevens
Message 1 of 7 (141 Views)

Service Pack 1 again

141 Views, 6 Replies
02-09-2004 07:13 AM
I have tried the steps that Matt outlined in the previous thread about SP1. I created my admin image and then with a patched NIW did the modify admin image and selected my msp patch file that I extracted from the exe file (why can't they just post an msp file?). It tries to apply the patch to the image but I get an "Error 1326: Error Getting File Security" and it then says Failed to Apply Patch. I have full permissions and had no problem creating the original image in this location. Any ideas from anyone? Thanks, Jason Stevens RGS Associates
*cwitzel
Message 2 of 7 (141 Views)

Re: Service Pack 1 again

02-11-2004 08:01 AM in reply to: *Jason Stevens
Jason, I to, am very frustrated with this whole network patch issue. I think what I am going to do now is just install the unpatched version and try to run the update on the local machine. Just not worth the hassle at a couple of hours each try only to be met by some new, illogical wall. I will respond here if this works. Thanks, Conan Witzel
*James Wedding
Message 3 of 7 (141 Views)

02-11-2004 11:17 AM in reply to: *Jason Stevens
this is the path I took. I gave up trying to update my installation image, and just apply SP1 as an after thought. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
*cwitzel
Message 4 of 7 (141 Views)

02-11-2004 01:06 PM in reply to: *Jason Stevens
I just finished and it works fine with the manual install and it works fine. A real pain though. I guess I will wait for service pack 2 before I distribute it out to other users. Thanks, Conan Witzel "James Wedding" wrote in message news:402a7fbd$1_2@newsprd01... > this is the path I took. I gave up trying to update my installation image, > and just apply SP1 as an after thought. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >
*Jon Golubiewski [Autodesk support]
Message 5 of 7 (141 Views)

02-12-2004 01:43 PM in reply to: *Jason Stevens
Hi Jason, What type of server are the files on? Jonathan Golubiewski Autodesk Professional Services Land.Civil.Survey "Jason Stevens" wrote in message news:4027a2d8$1_3@newsprd01... > I have tried the steps that Matt outlined in the previous thread about SP1. > I created my admin image and then with a patched NIW did the modify admin > image and selected my msp patch file that I extracted from the exe file (why > can't they just post an msp file?). It tries to apply the patch to the > image but I get an "Error 1326: Error Getting File Security" and it then > says Failed to Apply Patch. I have full permissions and had no problem > creating the original image in this location. Any ideas from anyone? > > Thanks, > Jason Stevens > RGS Associates > >
*Jason Stevens
Message 6 of 7 (141 Views)

02-13-2004 05:19 AM in reply to: *Jason Stevens
I finally got it to work. Apparently the deployment doesn't like to be installed on a Snapserver because I tried to create the admin image with SP1 on a computer running 2000 Pro and it worked fine. I could create the admin image on the Snapserver but I couldn't apply SP1. I have no idea why this would be but it is. Thanks for everyone's help. Jason "Jon Golubiewski [Autodesk support]" wrote in message news:402bf37a$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi Jason, > > What type of server are the files on? > > Jonathan Golubiewski > Autodesk Professional Services > Land.Civil.Survey > > > "Jason Stevens" wrote in message > news:4027a2d8$1_3@newsprd01... > > I have tried the steps that Matt outlined in the previous thread about > SP1. > > I created my admin image and then with a patched NIW did the modify admin > > image and selected my msp patch file that I extracted from the exe file > (why > > can't they just post an msp file?). It tries to apply the patch to the > > image but I get an "Error 1326: Error Getting File Security" and it then > > says Failed to Apply Patch. I have full permissions and had no problem > > creating the original image in this location. Any ideas from anyone? > > > > Thanks, > > Jason Stevens > > RGS Associates > > > > > >
*Mark Evinger
Message 7 of 7 (141 Views)

03-28-2005 12:27 PM in reply to: *Jason Stevens
Jon - I have my install points on a snap server and SP1 will not apply. Is there a known issue with that? Thanks, Mark Evinger "Jon Golubiewski [Autodesk support]" wrote in message news:402bf37a$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi Jason, > > What type of server are the files on? > > Jonathan Golubiewski > Autodesk Professional Services > Land.Civil.Survey > > > "Jason Stevens" wrote in message > news:4027a2d8$1_3@newsprd01... > > I have tried the steps that Matt outlined in the previous thread about > SP1. > > I created my admin image and then with a patched NIW did the modify admin > > image and selected my msp patch file that I extracted from the exe file > (why > > can't they just post an msp file?). It tries to apply the patch to the > > image but I get an "Error 1326: Error Getting File Security" and it then > > says Failed to Apply Patch. I have full permissions and had no problem > > creating the original image in this location. Any ideas from anyone? > > > > Thanks, > > Jason Stevens > > RGS Associates > > > > > >
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.