Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection????

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ricky_pucheu
229 Views, 5 Replies

Selection????

What is this box that say selection on it and how do I make it go away????

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
neilyj666
in reply to: ricky_pucheu

Selection cycling to allow you to choose the correct object when two or more are coincident - it can be very useful though...:)

SelectCycle.jpg

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 6
doni49

Ctrl+W will also toggle Selection Cycling on & off.

I would suggest that you leave it on for a little while and try to get used to it.  I turn it off occasionally but for the most part leave it on.  When there's more than one item at the same location, it is VERY HELPFUL.  It just takes getting used to it.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 6
ricky_pucheu
in reply to: neilyj666

Thanks!!!

Message 5 of 6
Kyle-Evans

Not to mention that Selection Cycling causes your drawing to lag, and another annoying glyph to appear on your cross hairs.

Ctrl + Tapping Spacebar accomplishes the same task without the annoying glyph, popups and laggy drawing.

Message 6 of 6
mathewkol

In my experience, the Selection Cycling CAN cause a laggy mouse, but not always.  I have not figure out when this happens or what causes this, but i like to leave it on until the laggyness happens, then I turn it off then back on the next time I restart the software.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report