Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selection Box

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
csevers
673 Views, 4 Replies

Selection Box

How can I disable the selection dialog box and enable selection cycling? I used to be able to hit shift+space bar to cycle through overlapping lines, I'd like to still be able to do that. I just switched from C3D 2011 to 2012.

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
csevers
in reply to: csevers

This may or may not be related, but when I'm in paper space my osnaps are going crazy, I'd also like to disable whatever is causing this. See attached screen cap (taken in PS).

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 3 of 5
Jeff_M

@csevers wrote:

This may or may not be related, but when I'm in paper space my osnaps are going crazy, I'd also like to disable whatever is causing this. See attached screen cap (taken in PS).

It looks like you are over the area blocked out by a clipped viewport. Autocad still sees those objects as if the normal rectangular viewport was in use. SHould it be like this? No, IMHO, but that's the way it currently works.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 5
rnoyes

Disabling Selection Cycling should be as easy as hitting Ctrl+W it will toggle it off/on as needed.  Or hit the icon at the bottom of your screen (Furthest to the right looks like a crosshair with 2 boxes on top of each other).  For Selection Cycling it will be a little more work, I THINK you can get what you want by setting "SELECTIONPREVIEW" to 3 and "SELECTIONCYCLING" to -2.  of course you enter both those variables without the " ".  Good luck..

Message 5 of 5
tcorey

You can still hit Shift+Spacebar if that's what you want. Use Shift+Spacebar to put AutoCAD in selection cycling mode, and then click the left mouse button until the object you want selected is highlighted.

The new selection cycling is an awesome tool, but it can really slow down the movement of your crosshairs so it's not a bad idea to leave it off until you need it or use Shift+Spacebar instead.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report