Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting Civil3D objects

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kentkuehn8519
800 Views, 3 Replies

Selecting Civil3D objects

I’m using Civil3D 2012 and I have an issue that is driving me crazy. When I select any Civil3D obect (alignment, profile view, feature line, etc.) the crosshairs turn into my default Windows Pointer and the Civil3D window is inactive. I either have to click in the window to reactivate it, or hover my pointer over the Toolspace, then the crosshairs reappear. I haven’t had this problem in any previous version of Civil3D and it’s really bugging me. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd really appreciate it.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Adriano_cad
in reply to: kentkuehn8519

HI,

You need to check your video settings in the options of AutoCAD Civil 3D.

Check Manual Performance Tuning Dialog Box

Adriano Oliveira
Diretor Soluções BIM MaxiCAD
MaxiCAD Soluções e Educação BIM.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

some text
Message 3 of 4
kentkuehn8519
in reply to: Adriano_cad

Thanks for the quick reply, but that wasn't it. My settings were exactly as those in your attachment. I don't suppose you have any other ideas?

Message 4 of 4

I finally figured out that it has to do with Quick Properties being enabled. This is a known problem in C3D 2012 and 2013. There is no planned fix until the release of C3D 2014. Thanks for doing nothing, Autodesk!

Here is a previous thread I found about this issue:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/2013-Quick-Properties-and-extra-clicks/td-p/3537878/h...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report