AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
MatthewB80097
Message 1 of 3 (642 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sections not showing in Section View

642 Views, 2 Replies
11-01-2010 05:04 AM

Im having trouble displaying my sections in my section views  On the section display im showing a variety of different surfaces including existing and new, all sections have Draw - checked. New surfaces are taken from my corridors. Its odd I was expecting to see at least the existing surface which covers the whole length of the site but I can only get the first 80m of the sections on my alignment to display. Sample lines do go through all the surfaces. Any help would be appreciated.

AutoCad Civils 3D - 2009 SP2

I have found a workaround for this one -

In prospector - Alignment - Sample line Groups - Properties. Sections Tab - Sample More sources. Remove all the surfaces that you have listed and add them back. For some reason this makes them appear. I have no idea why it doesn't work from the create menu in the first place.

Valued Contributor
MatthewB80097
Message 2 of 3 (635 Views)

Re: Sections not showing in Section View

11-01-2010 06:09 AM in reply to: MatthewB80097

I have found a workaround for this one -

In prospector - Alignment - Sample line Groups - Properties. Sections Tab - Sample More sources. Remove all the surfaces that you have listed and add them back. For some reason this makes them appear. I have no idea why it doesn't work from the create menu in the first place.

Distinguished Contributor
bwyarger
Message 3 of 3 (380 Views)

Re: Sections not showing in Section View

06-22-2011 03:04 PM in reply to: MatthewB80097

I have followed the previous suggestion with mixed results.  I got the new final surface to show, but I have some old section from corridors that are no longer valid and I don't see them in the Sample Lines - Sections, but they are still drawing in the actual sections.

Brad

C3D 2011

Vista Business 64

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2014
XP, Vista, 7
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!