Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sections not showing in Section View

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MatthewB80097
7595 Views, 3 Replies

Sections not showing in Section View

Im having trouble displaying my sections in my section views  On the section display im showing a variety of different surfaces including existing and new, all sections have Draw - checked. New surfaces are taken from my corridors. Its odd I was expecting to see at least the existing surface which covers the whole length of the site but I can only get the first 80m of the sections on my alignment to display. Sample lines do go through all the surfaces. Any help would be appreciated.

AutoCad Civils 3D - 2009 SP2

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I have found a workaround for this one -

In prospector - Alignment - Sample line Groups - Properties. Sections Tab - Sample More sources. Remove all the surfaces that you have listed and add them back. For some reason this makes them appear. I have no idea why it doesn't work from the create menu in the first place.

Message 3 of 4
BWYarger
in reply to: MatthewB80097

I have followed the previous suggestion with mixed results.  I got the new final surface to show, but I have some old section from corridors that are no longer valid and I don't see them in the Sample Lines - Sections, but they are still drawing in the actual sections.

Brad

C3D 2011

Vista Business 64

Brad
LT, C3D 2005 - 2024
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 10, 11
Message 4 of 4
wbrandon
in reply to: MatthewB80097

Thank you very much! Wish I would have found your post an hour ago.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report