Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sections look wrong upon opening - regenall required

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
paul.mccartney
437 Views, 5 Replies

Sections look wrong upon opening - regenall required

Every time I open this particular drawing, the sections do not display correctly until I perform a reg-all. Anyone else seen this happen before? Please see the attached images.

The drawing and all referenced drawings are purged and have no drawing errors.

We are using Win 7 64 Enterprise, Civil 3D 2010 ver4.

Thanks
Paul
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hgohel
in reply to: paul.mccartney

Is this a drawing from an older version of Civil 3D by any chance?  Whether it is, or not, what happens if you save the drawing once you run REGEN (or REGENALL)?  Do the sections appear in the correct location once you open the drawing again?  BTW, since you have multiple drawings (xref etc) you may want to upgrade all your drawings (keep backups before you start...you may need drawings for use in the older version).

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
paul.mccartney
in reply to: hgohel

Everything associated with this drawing (including the xrefs) is created, from scratch, using Civil 3D 2010.

One 'regenall' after opening the dwg and the sections look fine for the whole day while I work on the design.  I can save it a 100 times and it makes no difference.  The next time I open it the sections look messed up again until I regenall.  One other thing that will fix their appearance is if I slightly move the assembly but I think that is effectively just doing a regenall.

Like I said, this drawing and the 4 topographic detail plans that are xrefed are all created using 3D 2010 and they have no dwg errors in them.  Weird.

I am currently working on this so I just saved it ...closed the dwg...and opened it.  Attached are a couple of section close-ups.

Thanks
Paul
Message 4 of 6
hgohel

Best bet would be to eliminate any XREFs that aren't needed to reproduce the problem, and then submit the remaining data set to technical support for investigation. Thanks,

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 6
paul.mccartney
in reply to: hgohel

I removed the 4 xrefs and 10 layouts.  -pu all, -pu regapps and ran audit.  I had attached the dwg but its 1.9mb and was rejected.  

BTW - It still does the same thing.

Where do I send this dwg too?

Thanks
Paul
Message 6 of 6
SethHall

Hi Paul-

Do you have Subscription? If so create a new Service Request and we will be happy to take a closer look.

https://subscription.autodesk.com/

Thanks!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report