Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sections in 3D

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Morthius
136 Views, 2 Replies

Sections in 3D

I am trying to get my sections that i generated along an alignment to show up in the 3d view of my surface similar to what happens when creating a quick section from a line. I'm not sure if I am missing something in the styles or settings, I can generate all of the section but can't seem to get the tracer line to show up on the 3d surface.
Running C3D 2007.
Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Morthius

You 've created an alignment and a sample line group that samples your
surface? And you want to see that sample line as a 3d object draped along
your surface?

I don't believe this is possible at this time. I'd be interested to hear if
anyone has something for you to try though.

I suppose what you could do is turn the line into a feature line and drape
it over your surface instead.

Matt
Message 3 of 3
cadtown
in reply to: Morthius

If you look at the attached pic, I've created two different sets of 3D polylines (green is draped to the surface and red as a stripping surface is slightly below) by projecting samplelines onto the surface - a very useful function I incorporated into Section3D. This is a very unique feature because the user has the options not only to control the left/right swath width by transitioning them to offset alignments/polylines but also transition the stripping depth vertically as in case of variable pregrade depths along the alignment (e.g. top soil & rock at different depths/widths along the alignment). Setting the depth = 0 will drape the sample lines onto the surface with 3D polylines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report