Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sections from webcast

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
86 Views, 4 Replies

Sections from webcast

After watching the webcast I was wondering if you can wblock out the section and still have controls for labeling back to the model. The reason I ask it that generally near the end of a project submission we might still be adding additional elevations or other types of labels to our cross sections. Our average cross section count is near 35-50 sheets. Too many sheets for one person to edit or label in the final days before a submission. we generally split the sheet between workers so we can get the task done. Can we still do that? John Coon Hoyle Tanner
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Right now, all information is tied to the current dwg. There's been much discussion regarding how to work with multiple users on one job. You could do what you're after, but you'd need to block out the sections, the alignments, the profile views, and the surfaces involved in order for it to work properly. This might be acceptable, it might not be. In reality, I would just saveas to have an A and B file to work in, then remove the individual layouts that the other engineer was working on. You'll have some disconnect, but if it's late in the game, the alignment shouldn't be moving too much anyway, right? -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2004&5+C3D Troll :a slang term for a person who posts messages without contributory content, simply intended to incite conflict. http://wikipedia.com
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

James, How yah doin Big guy! Have they been keeping you busy? Have you run off any surveyors lately? Thanks for the input. Your right, Until they get some flexibility for working with multiple users your solutions sound like what we will have to do. I'd much rather have some ability to break the files out so I can utilize more people. Normally this is a huge amount of data that needs to be entered. detailing 6-10 sheets might take 8 hours. After waiting this long for something new with sections (years.....) I thought they would of address this area better. Highways & Runways are built off sections ( That's were profits go....) detailing & working sections. Thanks, Have a great day. John "James Wedding" wrote in message news:40e07e84$1_3@newsprd01... > Right now, all information is tied to the current dwg. There's been much > discussion regarding how to work with multiple users on one job. > > You could do what you're after, but you'd need to block out the sections, > the alignments, the profile views, and the surfaces involved in order for it > to work properly. This might be acceptable, it might not be. In reality, I > would just saveas to have an A and B file to work in, then remove the > individual layouts that the other engineer was working on. You'll have some > disconnect, but if it's late in the game, the alignment shouldn't be moving > too much anyway, right? > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2004&5+C3D > > Troll :a slang term for a person who posts messages without contributory > content, simply intended to incite conflict. http://wikipedia.com > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Run off any surveyors? We've been exceptionally busy. Right now, you're back to fairly primitive project work. I would offer one suggestion in that you can Xref many of the C3D objects without a problem. I'd xref my sections, label them (assuming you're just putting things like "Existing Paving -->" and "Proposed 8" Sewer--->" I.a. dumb things that don't require intelligence,) and then block out the work later back to the home drawing. Can you tell we're in workaround mode in C3D at this point? It's so close, I have a hard time being too hard on it. -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2004&5+C3D Troll :a slang term for a person who posts messages without contributory content, simply intended to incite conflict. http://wikipedia.com
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

James, The surveyor stuff was because of the stories you told while we were at vine. We/I have yet to use civil 3D in production so some of the thing you have encountered and have workaround for we have yet to try. I guess I have not wrapped my arms around the many ways people might be able to screw-up this type of data with all different skill levels of users. I'm sure most of my concerns will be answered as we move to production with Civil 3D as you have. As always thanks for your comments, Have a great day! John Coon Hoyle Tanner "James Wedding" wrote in message news:40e2a83c$1_1@newsprd01... > Run off any surveyors? > We've been exceptionally busy. > > Right now, you're back to fairly primitive project work. I would offer one > suggestion in that you can Xref many of the C3D objects without a problem. > I'd xref my sections, label them (assuming you're just putting things like > "Existing Paving -->" and "Proposed 8" Sewer--->" I.a. dumb things that > don't require intelligence,) and then block out the work later back to the > home drawing. > > Can you tell we're in workaround mode in C3D at this point? It's so close, I > have a hard time being too hard on it. > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-3.4/1G > LDT2004&5+C3D > > Troll :a slang term for a person who posts messages without contributory > content, simply intended to incite conflict. http://wikipedia.com > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report