Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Views

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
SeattleCADD
329 Views, 7 Replies

Section Views

Hello,

Could some one please help me with this! I have section views @ 50 feet along my corridor and i want to show them on a sheet. When i create a viewport, those section views are not display in Layout Tab?? why?

Thanks,

Dennis

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: SeattleCADD

On Output tab of Ribbon, have you ran "Create Section Sheets" command yet? This will create the Section sheets layout tabs.

If your trying to manually show them in a viewport, verify the Viewport type is "Section" by selecting VP and opening Properties Palette>Viewport type.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
SeattleCADD
in reply to: Jay_B

Thank you Jay,

i am trying manually show them in a viewport. After creating a viewport, i selected that VP, choose Properties, and change Viewport type from Undefined to Section. But the sections are still not shown. Is there anything else i have to do in order to show them a VP?

Thanks,

Dennis

Message 4 of 8
troma

I don't want to insult, but sometimes you have to ask the stupid questions:
Did you zoom the viewport view to the correct spot of Model Space?
Have you checked that the layers aren't vpfrozen?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 8
SeattleCADD
in reply to: troma

Troma,

I do not think this is a stupid question? If you have been working with Civil 3D then you will understand my question. It is not an AutoCAD object, they are Civil 3d objects, so it doesn't have anything to do with VPfrozen or zoom in and out in the Mspace.

I just don't want to create serveral sheets for my section views, just wanted to manually place a few section views into the same sheet with profile.

Have anyone ever manually created a viewport for section views?  

Message 6 of 8
Jay_B

Hi Dennis,

I created a new layout in a dwg containing section views, created a viewport, zoomed in on a section view, set the VP scale

and it works here.

Are you using the same Civl 3D drawing template when trying to create the viewport you wish to display the section view in?

If not give that a try.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 8
SeattleCADD
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks much Jay!

It works now with separate layout!. Before, i created a VP that is the same sheet shown the plan, and it doesn't work. It's work now!

Thanks again,

Dennis

Message 8 of 8
troma

@SeattleCADD wrote:

Troma,

I do not think this is a stupid question? If you have been working with Civil 3D then you will understand my question. It is not an AutoCAD object, they are Civil 3d objects, so it doesn't have anything to do with VPfrozen or zoom in and out in the Mspace.

I don't understand this assertion.  You can easily vpfreeze a C3D object, or zoom somewhere so that you can't see it.  I don't understand why you say these commands are irrelevant.  I have often (purposely and mistakenly) vpfrozen C3D objects, and any object will obviously not show up in a viewport if the viewport is showing the wrong part of modelspace.

I just don't want to create serveral sheets for my section views, just wanted to manually place a few section views into the same sheet with profile.

Have anyone ever manually created a viewport for section views?  Yes.  That's how I always do it.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report