Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Views - Total Volume Tables problem - values changing to zero

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Jay_B
1554 Views, 4 Replies

Section Views - Total Volume Tables problem - values changing to zero

We are having a widespread problem with the Total Volume tables we use to display Excavation and Embankment in Section Views. After initial creation of Materials List in Sample Line Group properties the

values switch to all zero's and the only way to get them to re-populate is to delete the existing tables, recreate the Materials List and add tables in via Section View Group Properties.

Is anyone else having this issue?

It's happening on all of our projects and I'm not finding much similar / related info online.

Our workflow is as follows.

Cross Section dwg

Xref's for Corridor.dwg & Base Topo.dwg,

Dref's for Alignment & Surfaces and includes Sample Lines and Section Views.

The Corridor.dwg includes the Alignment, EG & FG profiles and Corridor.

We are running Civil 3D 2012 SP2.1 over network and this is happening in multiple office locations.

Any help is appreciated!

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Jay_B

We use the same workflow, but we don't use the tables for each view.  Could you post or email me the drawing so I have your materials list to use with our data?  lpohlmeyer at wilco dot org

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

We made a change in our workflow to Sample Sources only from the Dref's in Sample Line Group Properties.

In certain instances we had a mixture of Xref's and Dref's being sampled for a given surface. With multiple

Xref's in our workflow they both appear in Sample more sources and can easily be confused but don't behave the same.

Now the Section Volume Tables don't lose their association to the Materials list for Excavation & Embakment values.

Thanks for the help Lisa!

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 5
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay,

I was wondering how this was going for you. Glad I could help.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 5

Well am i missing something. Because I am trying to add the "total volume" on a profile view and that selection does now work. I have to create a new material and add all the shapes to get my total volume.

Additionally am I the only one that wishes that we could perform calculations between these materials as well?

Like Material A - Material B = Material C. Be great for staging.

total volume table-1.png

Displays as zero.. Fail..

total volume table-2.png

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report