Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Views - different sample line alignment than corridor alignment

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
swatfor_PDCOG
352 Views, 5 Replies

Section Views - different sample line alignment than corridor alignment

I created a corridor and surface (top and datum links) using one alignment. However, I created sample lines using a different alignment. Although the corridor is available for selection in the create view dialog box, the corridor does not actually show up in the section view. The datum line for the surface shows up, but I need the actual corridor to be visible.

When I create the sample line using the corridor alignment, everything works and is visible as expected. However, I need to show more than one corridor in the same section. So.... How can I get the corridor to show up in sample lines that reference a different alignment than the corridor itself?

Thanks for all your help.
Sandy W.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008 SP2 on Windows XP Edited by: swatfor on Apr 16, 2009 2:22 PM
Sandy W.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: swatfor_PDCOG

You don't.  You have to create sorridor
surfaces in order to see info from an alternate alignment.

Matt
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Matt,
I did create one surface using the top and datum links. It appears that only the datum line shows up in the section. Should I create an individual surface with the top link only or do you have a better recommendation? My assembly is made up of the following prepackaged subassemblies: 1- Lane Outside Super, 2- Link Width and Slope and 3- Daylight multiline intercept; so I have several links with which to create surfaces. Preferably I would like to see some semblance of the asphalt and base layers. I'll try a some different alternatives, but I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Thanks again for your help.
Sandy W.
Sandy W.
Message 4 of 6

No need for any further discussion....

After creating a surface for every link, I was able to narrow down which ones were useful and which ones I could do without. Basically, the datum and Pave, Pave 1 and Base link surfaces were sufficient to achieve the desired effect.

Thanks for your help Matt. I was going around in circles trying to figure a way to make the corridors show up in different alignments. (I wish!)

Have a great day.

Sandy W.
Sandy W.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

You can't have a surface with both the Top AND the
Datum codes.  Well, you can, but it won't be at all correct, which you
already found out.  You have to have one surface for each link type you
want to see in the section.

Personally, I would not do the individual layers;
for me it's just not important information in a sheet of dozens of
sections.  The typical section takes care of those details.

--
Matt Kolberg
Global CADD Systems

href="http://www.gcscorp.ca">www.gcscorp.ca
Message 6 of 6
XIAN78

2010 "project objects to section view" Edited by: XIAN78 on Apr 22, 2009 10:50 AM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report