Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view plot order on page

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
aflewelling
322 Views, 5 Replies

Section view plot order on page

Hello,

I have an alignment - a straight line. It has 10 sample lines along it. I create the sample lines from existing polylines, and then plot them in modelspace using Create Multiple Views. They are set to plot by column, starting in the upper left of the page, increasing down and to the right. Consistently, the section for Sample Line 10 plots first, then 1-9 follow in order. I really don't know why this is happening. I've tried deleting the alignment, and recreating the sample lines in different order, and other strange work arounds, but sample line 10 consistently plots first. I even tried it in a blank new drawing.

Has anyone seen this before? Any help is much appreciated. I'm using Civil 3D 2007 with all the packs.

Thanks,
-Anton
Anton Flewelling
CAD Manager
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: aflewelling

Anton, change the numbering style in your sample line naming template to 01, 02, 03, etc. If you use the 1,2,3... format, 10 gets sorted alphanumerically to the front of the list.

Tim Corey
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
aflewelling

Actually, I just used 1 thru 10 as an example. My sample lines are actually named v-509 thru v-521. v-521 is plotting first, and then v-509 thru v-520 plot in order.

When I access the sample line group properties, the first column is number. v-521 is numbered 1, and v-509 is number 2 and so on. All dialog boxes I've seen do not allow you to edit this sample line number. The dialog box shows v-521 as being the first numerically, but it shouldn't be that way -- It lies the furthest from the start of the alignment.
Anton Flewelling
CAD Manager
Message 4 of 6
tcorey

That is a strange one. If you post the drawing, I'll look at it.

TC

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 5 of 6
aflewelling

I can't post it, but is there a way I could email it to you? thanks.
Anton Flewelling
CAD Manager
Message 6 of 6
tcorey

email to:

tcorey@shasta.com

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report