Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view not displaying corridor

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
jwhal
2635 Views, 12 Replies

Section view not displaying corridor

Using 2012, latest SP. I have a master drawing @ 1:500 with alignment, prof's, corr, etc. I have a second drawing @ 1:200 to be used for section views. I've data referenced the alignment, prof's, srf's, etc. I've created the section views in the section view dwg and xref'd the master dwg.

My problem is that the corridor model will not display in section views anywhere along a spiral in the 1:200 dwg. It displays fine everywhere else along the alignment. Just not spirals.

I have section views in the master drawing that will display the corridor just fine in section view at these same stations along the spirals.

Bug with Acad/dref's?

Thanks,

Jon

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
tcorey
in reply to: jwhal

Just to be sure, you're sampling sections From Corridor Stations, not By Range of Stations?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 13
MikeEvansUK

Are you sectioning in the same file as the corridor. Model, you need to.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 4 of 13
jwhal
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Tcorey - The first thing I did was made sure the corridor sampling matched the sample lines. I even added the affected stations in the frequency section of the corridor.

Mike - I'm going from memory, but I thought the corridor model was supposed to come through with the xref, since there is no dref for it; which it does for all stations except for those on a spiral. I did not create the corridor in the second file (didn't want to re-create it).

I've also audited/recovered each file, just to be sure.

I've since moved the sections views back to the same drawing. The project has to get done at some point 🙂

I appreciate the responses.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 5 of 13
MikeEvansUK

Dang! I have never tried that as it didn't used to work, you get used to a workflow which does.

I stand corrected, Sectioning a Xreffed Corridor does work in R2013. I'll try 2012 at some point.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 6 of 13

Mike,

It works in 2012 also

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 7 of 13
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Jon,

When you say you moved your section views back to the same drawing, which drawing? I don't often work with spirals and I want to check out your work flow a little further.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 8 of 13
BrianHailey

I'm seeing something similar. In the image you'll see two cross sections of the same corridor, one in a spiral the other in a curve. You can see the daylight lines show up in the curve but not the spiral.

CLICK HERE FOR IMAGE

This was done with the alignment data referenced in and the corridor xrefed in and sample lines created "From Corridor Stations" and not "By Range of Stations...".

Seems to work fine in 2013.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 9 of 13
jwhal
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Lisa,

I originally created the sample lines and section views in the one drawing. I wanted to have them in a separate drawing, so I created a second "section.dwg" for sample lines and views. This second drawing is the one that doesn't show the corridor on the spirals. I settled on creating another set of sample lines/views in the original drawing to work with for now. This will do, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something or that this is a known bug.

Jon

Message 10 of 13
jwhal
in reply to: BrianHailey

Hi Brian,

So, 2013 works fine?

I believe I used "range of stations" whenever I created the sample lines. I don't think I ever chose "from corridor stations", as I didn't want a whole bunch of useless-to-me sample lines/section views (I was sampling along an existing surface profile at first).

In my case, no parts of the corridor show up in the sections along the spiral. As an addition, I even tried changing all "free/floating" objects to "fixed" in the alignment too, just in case.

Thanks,

Jon

Message 11 of 13
quinndbq

Hello John.

Have you ever found a solution to this problem?  I am able to recreate the same scenario on a project that I am looking at.  The section views do not display in areas where I have spirals, but only in the cross section sheet drawing, and not the parent drawing where the corridor resides.

Message 12 of 13
jwhal
in reply to: quinndbq

I had originally given up on this issue, finished the project and moved on to other work. I completely forgot about it, to be honest. I just opened the "section.dwg" with the xref'd corridor, and for whatever reason it now works. At this point I don't know what I would have done to correct the problem. The X-sections weren't a requirement for the final production drawing set, so it sort of worked out.

The only thing I might have done since was manually enter intermediate stations/cross slopes along the spiral and curve in the superelevation editor for superelevation. This is a stretch, and I may have had that done prior to my initial post, but is really the only thing I can think of.

I'm still on 2012 Sp 2.1. I'm not sure if the latest SP addresses this or not (if it is indeed a bug).

I'm afraid I can't be of more help.

Jon

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

I have the same problem. In new dwg I dataref Alignmen and xref corridor , then great sample line and cross sections, everything is ok , but in spirals my cross sections doesn't show whole corridor. Someone with solution of this problem? And sorry for my bad english

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report