Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section View Layout

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sjg
Advisor
902 Views, 4 Replies

Section View Layout

First time dealing with Sections in C3D and I had drawn my sections just in Model Space.  The way they are drawn is they are stacked vertically up to the 7th section and then it begins a new column, I have 7 columns.  I can't seem to find where you can change the max height of each column. I would like to have 5 to 6 sections per column.

Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
civman_daar
in reply to: sjg

Under settings in prospector, section view, group plot styles, standard plot by page (whichever you used), array tab....change the rows or columns to desired output.

Message 3 of 5
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: civman_daar

All I see in the ARRAY tab is how you want your sections aligned with each other and the spacing between them.  I don't see a spot where you tell how many sections or total height for each column.

Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 4 of 5
mathewkol

That's because there isn't in 2011.  Sections are layed out relative to page size in 2011.  So choose a paper size and scale that will allow 5 or 6 rows.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 5
civman_daar

My apologies,  in C3D 2009 you could set the rows and columns.  In C3D 2010 and 2011 the rows and columns are driven by a grid system that is unique to the Section Sheet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report