Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section View Labels

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
SR-SCG
782 Views, 5 Replies

Section View Labels

Hi,

I have spent all weekend trying to sort this and now have no hair left. All im trying to do is manually place some elevation labels on a couple of my sections which are cut from an existing surface and proposed surface constructed using a profile and some gradings no corridors or sub-assemblies were used so no code sets in the mix. The sections look fine and the surfaces are all there. Its just that the section view labels don't seem to be working. Selecting the grade label it asks for first point then second point then it asks for the first point then second ..... over and over with no label produced. Similarly the offset elevation label just keeps asking for the point on the section. In Both instances I am able to snap to points on the section views but no labels produced. 

Now Ive spent hours scouring the forums, google etc and came across a one line response about UCS setting. I tried changing that to Z instead of world and I also included a band set for elevation before tweaking the UCS setting.This appeared to have worked on the file I had at home and some labels were produced. GREAT so I came into work today and tried the UCS trick on the copy of the file at work (pre-weekend copy) and it doesn't work???

Do the labels only work when band sets (or bands) are applied to the sample lines? Has UCS got something to do with it or am I missing something here.

The data in the section appears to be correct ie line elevations are correct.

Any insight greatly received  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: SR-SCG

I suspect a frozen or off layer is at play here. Any chance of posting your dwg?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
SR-SCG
in reply to: Jeff_M

Drawing attached, ive purged it, excuse the drawing standard I am relativley new to it all  

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M

I tried labeling through the VP in paperspace and had no issues (other than the VP not being locked...highly suggest locking your VP's). I then switched to modelspace, did a Zoom Extents, and found your missing labels and some other stuff, way out in space. I'm guessing some of this is due to the use of non-world UCS's. Setting UCS to World allowed me to label the sectionviews.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 6
SR-SCG
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff that worked, i spent last night again searching for answers and came across your post a year ago mentioning about UCS. I was trying to set it off world doh!! Thanks again

Message 6 of 6
Ruth_Bosch

I'd like to set the custom label set for my section views, but I can't find how to do so. Any help?

Sectionview.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report