Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section View Group Style not plotting Grid as displayed?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Terrain_IaPLS
515 Views, 4 Replies

Section View Group Style not plotting Grid as displayed?

Hello,

Have a very basic Corridor with a Section View Group, with ALL Section Views same style

and Layouts set for plotting.  In Civ3D (still R2012), the Section Views have no overides,

all same style in group, and the Grid (as desired) all displays correct within each Viewport

for all Layouts.  YET, when we go and plot (either to plotter or PDF), some of the GRID lines

within the Section Views are not plotting correct per the Style and Display graphics.

I've looked at the Viewports or the problem section views.... don't see anything ?... since

random on same sheet.... for the X.03 example attached.... 3 of 6 are correct and other 3 plot incorrect.

I've attached a Screen shot direct from the Layout that shows Display is correct with style & etc.

Any thoughts regarding why plotting options are producing random problems with just the GRID

for the Section Views with each in it's own viewport..... and see nothing different between the

Section View properties for those that plot Grid incorrect vs. all the others.

Thank you, in advance.

Geoff T.

Xi Computer CM-MasterCase Pro 5 tower case (Win10 O.S.)
Ten Core i9-7900X @ 3.3/4.5GHz Sealed Water Cooled
w/ Asus PRIME X299-A mobo
32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz RAM
SSD Samsung 850 EVO H.D.
Nvidia Quadro P2000 (span2) + 2000
3 ViewSonic VG2436wm-LED displays

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: Terrain_IaPLS

Can you post the file here for someone to take look at?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
Terrain_IaPLS
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay,

Attachments were orig. included for ref.'s.

Drawing file too ++, +etc.

At this point, is-what-it-is since going out for letting tomorrow.

Also didn't prev. mention, tried on another couple workstations

just to test.... and had same results.

Thanks,

Geoff T.

Xi Computer CM-MasterCase Pro 5 tower case (Win10 O.S.)
Ten Core i9-7900X @ 3.3/4.5GHz Sealed Water Cooled
w/ Asus PRIME X299-A mobo
32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz RAM
SSD Samsung 850 EVO H.D.
Nvidia Quadro P2000 (span2) + 2000
3 ViewSonic VG2436wm-LED displays

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: Terrain_IaPLS

I seen the images but without a file it's anyone's guess as to what may be happening. Very strange that some print properly & some don't. Has this happened in other files or does it seem to be file specific? We use dot linetypes and they can get flaky at times but normally what we see on screen is what can be expected when printing.

Have you tried using another linetype such as Hidden2 etc. to see if the random linetype pattern problem also occurs with an alternate linetype applied?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5

I assume that the issue is the dotted linetype that you are using for your grid lines.  We have had similar problems with dotted linetypes on profile views.   Since this drawing contains a single viewport, try setting LTSCALE to 50 and PSLTSCALE to 0.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report