Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view and profile scaling and printing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Yellow600
1740 Views, 3 Replies

Section view and profile scaling and printing

Hello,

Pretty new to AutoCad and Civil 3d.  I was hired on to help small quick hit jobs for a city.  There is no one here to help me and I'm having issues with my profiles and cross sections and getting them to scale when printing.  I have no template that is set up, I was given a few sheet label styles but other that that I'm on my own.  Basically I am given an existing surface for the problem area I then create alignments, proposed profiles, a few assemblies and create a small plan for our public works employees to work off of.  I'm not sure what my best options are.  I have already viewed alot of youtube videos and have found some help on here.  Anyone have decent advise for a new user.  It's a bit overwhelming.  This was my most recent plan of a ditch area we needed to construct which took me a few days to complete.  I will be creating alot of these and once I  get a set up system I'm thinking it won't be too bad.

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doni49
in reply to: Yellow600

Welcome to the forum!

Take the time to get yourself a good template.  It's well worth the time it takes to do so.  Is your work in English units or Metric? 

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 4
Yellow600
in reply to: doni49

doni49,

Thanks!  That is my game plan but I first want to make sure I understand all the features I will be using on a day to day basis.  There are alot about assemblies and label style settings within each profile and cross section that I need to get used to.  Even the plot settings.  I am working in the English units (imperial)

Message 4 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Yellow600

If everything prints at the same horizontal scale your in luck. Set the Annoscale in model space, design and label everything in one file if it is a small job.

If it's a large project or if you are printing plan, sections and profiles at different scales place plan, profiles and sections in different dwg's. Each should have the Annoscale in model space set to the desired plot scale.

Then xref's these plans into a new file with title block and more labels if you need. 

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report