Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Text Scale

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1594 Views, 7 Replies

Section Text Scale

I have a 50 scale drawing and my section views are 10 scale. The text size is correct in paperspace viewports, but is much too large in model space, and makes it difficult to work on the sections in model space. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? (I've attached a pdf of sections in model space).

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Anonymous

When your in model space set the annotation scale to 10. If you are in model space through an active viewport  you may just need to regen the display.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Jay_B

"I have a 50 scale drawing and my section views are 10 scale."

The text is large because the annotation scaling is being multiplied from your 50 MS scale.

Change it to 10 and the text will look fine, while your working with the section views.

Then change it back to 1"=50 if the drawing is being used for more than sections?

We have a separate cross section dwt file and leave the scale set to 10.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Thanks. I was trying to change my drawing scale instead of annotation scale. And I agree that a separate drawing file if the scale is different is probably the best solution.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

If you are working in model space, usually it's better to have the scale at 1:1 (if only the visual is your problem) coz I dont think the scale matters in model space if you're are going to use paper space viewport for plotting within the same drawing. Not unless you are planning to xref those profiles to a different drawing file.

Tlane

C3D 2012, C3D 2013

Message 6 of 8
jmayo-EE

If I'm in model space I always want the anno scale to be the same as the plotting scale. Plan, profile and/or section.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Jay_B

@ctee_23 wrote:

If you are working in model space, usually it's better to have the scale at 1:1 (if only the visual is your problem) coz I dont think the scale matters in model space if you're are going to use paper space viewport for plotting within the same drawing. Not unless you are planning to xref those profiles to a different drawing file.

Tlane

C3D 2012, C3D 2013

I Disagree, change the MS scale to 1:1 and look at the section view horizontal scale, it's now 1., your section view layout has been scaled and now the text becomes too small (at least for my readers).

Another reason to have a dwt set to proper scales is the improper "custom scale" scaling ratio that can occur within section view styles>graph tab when going from 1"=30' to 1" = 10' while Horiz. is set to 1"=5'. Vertical scale becomes 1'=6' and so on.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

Sorry. I have a diferrent understanding with Randy's question. I assumed he got the profile view style under control as to his message and pdf, everything looks good in paper space and his pdf profile grid seemed normal but the text. So I thought he's just having a hard time with the scale in the model space. So I guess what I'm trying to say here is he can play around the scale in model space for his preferred look and that won't give any issues in his paper space assuming everything's set on paper space.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report