Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section Hatch

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
randyowens3203
1798 Views, 5 Replies

Section Hatch

I have searched the Help fine in Civil 3D, I have searched the tutorials and Knowledge Base online, I have searched the Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D manual, and I can not fine how to turn on hatching in Section Views. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? I'm currently running Civil 3D 2013.

Randy A. Owens
Southland Engineering, Inc.
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: randyowens3203

The onlt hatching that happens in section views is from shapes. You'll need to have a shape sampled such as asphalt or base material. After that, it's just a matter of configuring the shape style properly; don't forget to have the "Section" view direction toggled in the Display tab of that style.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 6
randyowens3203
in reply to: mathewkol

I have set up the Materials List & Quantity Takeoff Criteria, and have run volume reports. I just can't fine how to get to the shape/hatching part of it. There appears to be little documentation about this, at least I have not found it, yet.

Randy A. Owens
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013
Message 4 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: randyowens3203

Attach the file if it's small enough or make it smaller somehow.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 6

If you want hatching like the attached pic, it's done through the Code Set Styles

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 6 of 6

I'm actually referring to the hatching based on volume reports, that hatches the cut and fill areas.

Randy A. Owens
Win 7 64BIT
C3D 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report