Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screening Survey Figures

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
sjg
Advisor
448 Views, 10 Replies

Screening Survey Figures

I've asked this question before but is still an issue.  Generated a topo map in 2012 through a survey database, I xref map in 2012 set all layers to plot style of 50% screening, it previews the way it should.  Now I xref the same topo map into 2013 set plot style to 50% screening, but now all survey figures seem to ignore plot style.  Bug?  If anyone reading this doesn't mind print previewing a topo map in 2013 that was generated through a database with survey figures and apply 50% screening plot style, I am curious of the results.

Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
tcorey
in reply to: sjg

Steve, it works for me. I applied 50%, 25% and 100% and it changed in the plot preview each time.

Try applying a shading value to All colors in the ctb.

I tried the figure style with color specific or bylayer and it works either way.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 11
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: tcorey

Forgot to mention that we use stb
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 4 of 11
tcorey

Try it on your end using ctb and I'll try it here using stb.

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 5 of 11
tcorey

Stb works, too.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 6 of 11
sjg
Advisor

Not at work right now, but I am still stumped why it would work fine in 2012, yet not work in 2013.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 7 of 11
sjg
Advisor

I am still having issues with screening of survey figures. Figures were generated in 2013. Plotting within original file with screening applied, looks fine. But when xreffed into a different file, with screening applied, figures ignore screening.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 8 of 11
C3D-Nash

Confirmed on my end... No matter what I do in Styles or properties, the survey figures will not screen when Xreffed to our other drawings.  2013.  I believe it's a bug.  I'm going to check it out in 2014 and see if I have the same issue.

Message 9 of 11
C3D-Nash
in reply to: C3D-Nash

Confirmed that this bug has been fixed in 2014; see attached image for a comparison of the exact same file setup and plot.  The issue was not present in 2012 either.

I'd recommend moving into 2014 if you have Subscription.  If not, then I'd recommend submitting support tickets to Autodesk on this for a hotfix.  This is pretty major issue being that surveys are typically screened in Civil drawings; I don't know how it made it this long without being patched.

Message 10 of 11
wetsnow13

I haven't tested your scenario, it sounds like a few people have already found it to be true. 

We use .stb but we don't use screening.  We use the greyscale colors, such as 219,219,219 or 118,118,118 and apply lineweight as needed.  This usually works great although we have an old plotter or two that plots the greys out as a mottled brown color.

Message 11 of 11
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: C3D-Nash

Thanks. That is what I thought.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report