Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen flickers when moving the mouse around an open drawing.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
bhamilton
41579 Views, 9 Replies

Screen flickers when moving the mouse around an open drawing.

Okay,

As the  title says,

The screen flickers when I move the mouse around an open drawing.  I just applied the latest patch to Civil 3D 2010.  It was not doing this before the patch.

Have Quadro 3500 video card. Updated the driver for that with no change.

Have a Logitech wireless mouse, M310.  Up dated the driver for that with effect.

Changed to a wired mouse, no change.

Is there a setting in Autocad where I can set the refresh rate so that it does not refresh while moving the mouse. Or at least slow the automatic refresh rate down?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
wfberry
in reply to: bhamilton

Don't be discouraged, it is unlikely that you would have figured it out, fortunately for me and others someone  determined the fix. 

Turn off Hardware Accelleration, then turn it back on.

(Don't ask why, just accept it.)

<G>

Bill

Message 3 of 10
sjg
Advisor

Many people are having this problem with this update. Type 3config and turn off 3d accelerator. This worked for me.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 4 of 10
bhamilton

That works.   Thanks

Message 5 of 10
bhamilton
in reply to: wfberry

That worked. Thanks

Message 6 of 10
Joshua.Coombs

I just wanted to point out that there are a number of other symptoms that we have found related to this issue.  Most likely it is being caused by an unsupported graphics card driver, or unsupported graphics card.  Development is looking into why Update 1 might have triggered this issue for many users. 

As noted in previous suggestions, the resolution for this issue is to toggle the Hardware Acceleration option. 

Please refer to the following technical solution for a complete list of the symptoms and a complete list of steps to resolve these issues: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS15851876

Joshua Coombs
Global Technical Lead – AEC Civil
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10
gaban35

Hi there, I used an Applle Display for Revit, and i was having the same problem; each time i click anywhere, the windows started flickering or flashing.... I've deselected the "press &Drag" case but didnt resolve.... After making uptades and trying to fix it, nothing

work. Finally after 5 hrs waisting my time, I fixed by the dummiest way i imagine:

Under the ribbon, there is a line that actiates when you select a title block or something, right click and select "Dock at Bottom".... anyways that solve my problem.

Message 8 of 10

Locking the UI in options worked for me.

@Joshua.Coombs wrote:

I just wanted to point out that there are a number of other symptoms that we have found related to this issue.  Most likely it is being caused by an unsupported graphics card driver, or unsupported graphics card.  Development is looking into why Update 1 might have triggered this issue for many users. 

As noted in previous suggestions, the resolution for this issue is to toggle the Hardware Acceleration option. 

Please refer to the following technical solution for a complete list of the symptoms and a complete list of steps to resolve these issues: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS15851876

Message 9 of 10
troma
in reply to: wfberry

@wfberry wrote:

Don't be discouraged, it is unlikely that you would have figured it out, fortunately for me and others someone  determined the fix. 

Turn off Hardware Accelleration, then turn it back on.

(Don't ask why, just accept it.)

<G>

Bill

@sjg wrote:
Many people are having this problem with this update. Type 3config and turn off 3d accelerator. This worked for me.

I had trouble figuring out how to do this, so I thought I'd share.

I was originally writing this as a question, but I think I've figured it out.

I tried typing 3CONFIG but in 2019 it autocorrects to CONFIG which opens the Options dialog>Plot and Publish tab.

I finally fooled the autocorrect into letting it go through and got:

Unknown command "3CONFIG".  Press F1 for help.

Also:

Unknown command "3DCONFIG".  Press F1 for help.

So at this stage I resorted to a web search and found this page. I don't know why 3DCONFIG doesn't work for me, but GRAPHICSCONFIG  does work, as does Options>System>Graphics Performance.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 10 of 10

Apart from the Hardware Acceleration I noticed that when displaying coordinates (Ctrl + I) and move the mouse around the drawing, the screen flickers and can't even snap to objects properly. I pause showing in real time the coordinates when I move the mouse and the screen is no longer flickering.

Hope it works for others as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report