Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bucci_22
346 Views, 3 Replies

Scaling

Hello,

This may be a very simple question to answer but I am having a brain fart right now and can not get this drawing to scale correctly. 

I have a drawing that was given to me by an architect with a scale 1:250 (0.004 in viewport).
The architect drew everything in millimeters and it's a Site Plan, why ? I do not know.
The units in the drawing are decimal-millimeters.
The page set-up for layout 1 was for 24x36 drawing size (typ.)
I know need to make a layout 2 for a sheet size 11x17 but I can not get my viewport to scale correctly.
So, if a 24x36 sheet size had a VP with scale 0.004 (1:250) then what is the scale for a sheet size 11x17 ?

If anyone can please help me out quick it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike Bucci, Civil CAD Designer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Neilw_05
in reply to: bucci_22

If you were wanting a half scale version of the 24x36 which is at 1:250, the new scale would be 1:500. Of course your 11x17 sheet layout will not have the same proportions as the 24x36.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 4
mathewkol

Have you tried 0.002?  Isn't that half of 0.004?  If all you're trying to do is print the thing half the size, why make a whole new layout?  Just print it to 11x17.  Of course, as Neil pointed out, 11x17 isn't actually half the size, so either you change the scale to something a little smaller or you cut off some of the design, or you use an actual half size piece of paper, 12x18.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 4
AllenJessup

If you want to calc it then use 1/(scale). 1/250 = .004, 1/500 = .002. It should be easier to set the scale of the viewport to 1:500.

I'd just bring in the your standard 11X17 sheet from your template and set the scale accordingly. If you can live with the already mentioned cropping of the plot area you should be set.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report