AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
ingegneria
Message 1 of 8 (376 Views)
Accepted Solution

Scale problem with multiple cross section views

376 Views, 7 Replies
02-28-2014 02:38 AM

I made a template for cross section sheet: there are 2 layout, the first with a 200 scale viewport and the other one with 500 scale. When I use the wizard to create multuple section views and I choose the layouts from my template I have the same result with the two different scale.

Why?

Vincent

Yes the Model Space scale of the XS.dwg should match the target Layout VP Scale used.

It's ok to have the 2 Layouts i the Plan Production XS sheet dwt as you're doing but the MS scale needs to match VP scale of Layout selected when creating section views.

The Section View Vertical scale I previously mentioned also needs to be adjusted in most cases.

This could be handled with 2 Section View Styles but a second XS template would be more straight forward than changing all related

settings every time the scale changes.

*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 2 of 8 (361 Views)

Re: Scale problem with multiple cross section views

02-28-2014 04:18 AM in reply to: ingegneria

You're probably going to want to split this template into to separate Templates.

The reason for this is the scaling of the Section Views is controlled by the Model Space scale in the drawing combined

with the Vertical Scale specified on the Graph Tab within the Section View Style used.

We have a general Template and a Cross Section Template mainly due to different scales.

Jay

C3D 2014 SP2
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Contributor
ingegneria
Message 3 of 8 (347 Views)

02-28-2014 07:01 AM in reply to: Jay_B

I'm not sure I understood what you said. Let me ask you: when you use mutliple section view wizard you can choose .dwt file and then the layout (with the scale you want). Then you create the multiple views in the model space .If you use two different layout scale, in the model space do you see the same result?

Contributor
zoeyanne
Message 4 of 8 (341 Views)

02-28-2014 07:52 AM in reply to: ingegneria

The first thing I would check is in your XSection template.  Do you have the viewport scale set appropriately for each viewport (one at 200, the other at 500)?

Contributor
ingegneria
Message 5 of 8 (338 Views)

02-28-2014 07:59 AM in reply to: zoeyanne

Yes I do. This is my template: it is from italian country kit but I added the first two layouts (A1 paper 200 and 500).

Contributor
zoeyanne
Message 6 of 8 (334 Views)

02-28-2014 08:15 AM in reply to: ingegneria

When you create sheets have you actually changed your drawing scale to the desired scale prior to creating the sheets? 

Contributor
ingegneria
Message 7 of 8 (332 Views)

02-28-2014 08:23 AM in reply to: zoeyanne

Do you mean I have to change the annotation scale in the model space (the scale at the right bottom of the model space)? And this scale must match with the scale of layout?

*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 8 of 8 (326 Views)

02-28-2014 08:36 AM in reply to: ingegneria

Yes the Model Space scale of the XS.dwg should match the target Layout VP Scale used.

It's ok to have the 2 Layouts i the Plan Production XS sheet dwt as you're doing but the MS scale needs to match VP scale of Layout selected when creating section views.

The Section View Vertical scale I previously mentioned also needs to be adjusted in most cases.

This could be handled with 2 Section View Styles but a second XS template would be more straight forward than changing all related

settings every time the scale changes.

Jay

C3D 2014 SP2
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!