Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale points and their labels

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
isabelle_dizface
5175 Views, 7 Replies

Scale points and their labels

Hello! 

So I'm stuck with this issue and pulling my hair out over it. I have a plan I need to be able to print at 1:500 or 1:1000 scale.

On this plan I have COGO points with labels, and a point table to compile all of the point data. When I attempt to create a layout I find that the point marks, labels and table become incredibly huge. From reading other posts I get that there is a trick to setting the scale from the right place, but I remain very confused as to what needs to be done where. 

Anyone out there able to help? 

Isabelle

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

This is a burning topic for me as well. I have searched the Innertubes in vain for someone who can explain scales in C3D from top to bottom.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 8

Check your point style to see if the marker is set to "use fixed scale"?

Message 4 of 8

Under the Marker tab for your point styles, set the size options to "Use drawing scale" and and probably 0.1" as a starting point for the size. This will render the points at 0.1" in any viewport they appear in and multiply by the annotation scale in model space. If you change the annotation scale in model space they will change size in the model, if you change the viewport scale they will change for that viewport.

Ian McClain
Message 5 of 8

Hi, 

Thanks for your help, it worked out ok on friday. However, this morning when I opened up the file again, the scales were once again jumping around in layout... any idea why and how to fix it? 

Thanks! 

Message 6 of 8

After Setting the Viewport Scale in Layout , you need to do a REGEN to update the Civil3d Labels to show its actual size.

Message 7 of 8

Magic! Thank you! 

Message 8 of 8

Glad it helped you !......Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report