Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving drawing saves Xrefs

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
eastridge23
494 Views, 5 Replies

Saving drawing saves Xrefs

I am working in a drawing that has 2 xrefs and when I save the drawing it saves the xrefs. So when I look at the ownership of the drawing in windows explorer it says I just saved them and I don't even have them open. I have my demand load set to Enabled with a copy. Does anyone know what is going on. I am running Civil 3d 2014 SP2.

Thanks ahead!

Ryan

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: eastridge23

I'm unable to duplicate the issue using the settings mentioned in a dwg on a network with 4 xref''s (3) overlay & (1) attachment type using C3d 2014 SP2..

I have seen several threads re: this issue, could This be what's happening?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6

Ryan, you sure have some interesting issued my friend!

Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 6
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Jay_B

Great find Jay.  I just knew I had read about that somewhere, and it happens on my workstation, but not others.  This is very dangerous in a mixed drawing format environment.  I was testing C3D 2015 (2013 dwg format) on some dwgs that had C3D 2012 (2010 dwg format) xrefs.  It updated those xrefs to the next dwg version, I didn't want it to.  Thank goodness for backups.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Lisa,

I was actually looking for a very recent post where it was something to the effect of their Xref's were being saved & hence upgraded to that version in the process but the xref''s needed to remain in an older version.

With the xref''s being upgraded it was messing up their convoluted mixed versions workflow, but I was unable to find that thread.

Scary stuff for sure!Smiley Surprised

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 6
doni49
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm unable to duplicate the issue using the settings mentioned in a dwg on a network with 4 xref''s (3) overlay & (1) attachment type using C3d 2014 SP2..

I have seen several threads re: this issue, could This be what's happening?

Wow great find Jay!  I read the "solution" in that thread.  I'm curious about something.  If two plans reference the same file and the two plans are at different scales, what does it do?  Or even better yet, what happens when ONE plan references an xref but there are two mview's on the plan sheet at different scales (think of a plan and an inset)?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report