Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling increments

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
551 Views, 7 Replies

Sampling increments

Help!
I am having trouble with sampling my EG. I would like to sample an 800 foot alignment every 25 feet. I keep getting a sampling of a tenth of a foot which gives me 900 stations and elevations instead of the 40 I need. Where do I go to change this setting?
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Rose:
I can only assume that you want your Major and Minor ticks in your profile.
Check out "Profile View" -> Profile View Styles in the Settings portion of
the Prospector.

Am I correct? Please advise.

Bill

wrote in message news:5021895@discussion.autodesk.com...
Help!
I am having trouble with sampling my EG. I would like to sample an 800 foot
alignment every 25 feet. I keep getting a sampling of a tenth of a foot
which gives me 900 stations and elevations instead of the 40 I need. Where
do I go to change this setting?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I have my major and minor ticks set to 100 feet and 50 feet respectively. I want to sample every 25 foot on the alignment. Where is this setting?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Settings -> Profile View -> Profile View Styles -> [your style] -> Axes
Annotation [Set the minor tick details "interval"]

Bill

wrote in message news:5022800@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have my major and minor ticks set to 100 feet and 50 feet respectively. I
want to sample every 25 foot on the alignment. Where is this setting?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Bill,

Thanks for your help and patience. I am still confused a little bit. The major and minor ticks are just grid settings for the profile? I am wanting to change the sampling increments in the alignment. Are you saying that the axes annotation - major and minor ticks changes this in the grid and the alignmemt? Sorry I'm still stuck on this.
Message 6 of 8
rtesa

Are you referring to the sampling found under the sections pull-down? If so on the "sample lines toolbar" you can select the tool option for "by station range". IN the dialog box you can select the begin, end station, width of swath and the intervals for the sampling.

Rene
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I guess that's the answer. This appears to be exactly what I need. Except maybe I could ask this question in another way. I wanted to run a cross section across a branch. I put in the alignment as a polyline. I created a profile of the alignment. I generated a report and have a report of the vertical alignment. I wanted to import these values into a HEC-RAS cross section. Everything is okay so far. However when I look at the report I have 900 vertical stations and elevations. I only want at the most 40. An elevation and station every 25 foot. How do I change my alignment or profile settings to generate a report with just the 40 increments to then insert into HEC-RAS?.....the explanation you gave me seems to be the answer but it is still not giving me what i need. Am I too lost?
Message 8 of 8
rtesa

I haven't played around with the reporting feature much yet. But on the settings tab of the XML report window isn't there an item for your sampled cross-sections that has the various fields that you could change a value for?????

Rene

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report