Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sag Curve Label

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
rwatson654
1939 Views, 9 Replies

Sag Curve Label

How can I edit the Sag Curve label so sag curves are labeled below the profile?  The Start, and and Dimension Lines components are grayed out so I can't modify the angle. I searched this group but only found that someone had solved this,  but no solution posted.

Civil 3D, 2009

Win 7 Enterprise 64bit

8 GB

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ccoles
in reply to: rwatson654

If it is setup as a child to a parent style, the parent style will override. Setup a different parent style with the curves labeled below the profile, then setup a sag curve style under that as a child. For Sag Curves, you should be able to set this new style as your default.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 3 of 10
rwatson654
in reply to: ccoles

Thanks for the reply.  I'm missing something here.  I don't see where/how to setup the curve labels below the profile.  The original was not setup as a parent/child.  The attached image shows my style setup, and what I get vs what I want.

Message 4 of 10
ccoles

I wish to apologize. When we started with Civil 3D 2008, we were able to do upper and lower curve call outs. As we progressed through to 2011, we dropped the 'under' label and just stuck with the 'over' label. It never dawned on me that the label creator has now made it seemingly impossible to get the label 'under'. Here's an old sample:

Curve3.JPG

And a new sample:

Curve2.JPG

We use 'Child' styles to swing the high-point/ low point label above and below. The nice thing about child styles, if you change a parameter in the parent, the child follows the same change unless it is set to override the parent. I only assumed that was the issue.

Curve1.JPG

Curve4.JPG

Again, pardons. I tried for 30 minutes to find a setting that would allow me to swing the start line and end line underneath the PVI, and failed miserably.

Windows 7 64-bit
Civil 3D 2013
Message 5 of 10
rwatson654

No worries.  Actually made me feel better I'm not the only one unable to get this to work, although I would really like to find a solution.  If I do I'll post back here.

Message 6 of 10
klugb

I think you might be over thinking it?

I can move my label from above to below by changing the anchor point.

See Image

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 7 of 10
sboon

I agree with Bruce; it looks like your style should work but I'll wager that you're Anchor dimension point isn't set correctly.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 8 of 10
ccoles
in reply to: sboon

I tried that setting. Civil3D 2011. Still doesn't allow me to pull the dimension below the PVI.

Curve1.JPG

Curve2.JPG

Windows 7 64-bit
Civil 3D 2013
Message 9 of 10
rwatson654

I had to remove and re-add the sag cuve to get it to work, but it did.

Message 10 of 10
rwatson654
in reply to: klugb

Wish I had been over thinking it, was just looking in the wrong place.  Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report