Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC: Used Day Light Rounding. Link won't use point created from it.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
doni49
452 Views, 5 Replies

SAC: Used Day Light Rounding. Link won't use point created from it.

In SAC 2012, I created a Daylight Rounding where P3 is the daylight point and P2 is the point on the slope.  And then after that I created a link.  But it won't connect to P2.  Anyone have any idea why?

TIA!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: doni49

Because on the true side the link should be from P1 to P2 and on the false side the link should be from P1 to P3 (the false side does not have a P2). You can remedy this by making a fake P2 on the false side that is coincident with P3 or changing the false P3 to P2 or making a separate link on each side of the decision. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 6
doni49
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

On the false side, I have P3 defined as the daylight point.  The issue here is the link from the top of the slope down to the rounding link (on the true side).

P.S. it looks good on the false condition.

SACDaylightRounding.png

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 6
KMercier_C3D

Right. The points available have to exist on both sides of the decision since the link is connected to both sides. If you delete the connection arrow on the right side P2 will now be available as an option. 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 5 of 6
doni49

Oh -- now I understand what you mean.  I get it now.  Thanks.

Don Ireland

Message 6 of 6
doni49

Now I see where I went wrong.  On the false side, I've numbered the daylight pt as P2.  That way the slope link can go from P1 to P2.  On the true side, P2 will be the top of the fillet and P3 will be the daylight pt.

Well that was a DUH moment!  🙂

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report