AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
kevinjackman
Message 1 of 4 (448 Views)

SAC Switch for Insertion Point

448 Views, 3 Replies
10-25-2011 11:20 AM

In the subassebly composer, how would I go about creating a switch to change the insertion point of my subassembly?

I have a lane with curb and gutter.  I want to allow a switch to insert at either ETW or Crown.

I think I have to create two enumerations and then switch the enumerations but I'm unsure.

Thanks!

C3D 2012.

Employee
peterfunkautodesk
Message 2 of 4 (447 Views)

Re: SAC Switch for Insertion Point

10-25-2011 11:29 AM in reply to: kevinjackman

You can't really change the insertion point for the SA it is always at 0,0, but what you can do is to move the starting point for your SA. You might also need a variable that is appled to the X dims so they flip their direction.

So you need to set P0 (assume you start at back of ETW). In case 1 you start at 0,0. in the other case, you start offset from 0,0 so that the Crown ends up at 0,0. In the second case, rename the point P0.

After you set the two P0 points, bring the branches back together and draw the rest of the points.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Distinguished Contributor
kevinjackman
Message 3 of 4 (443 Views)

10-25-2011 11:57 AM in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

So what would be the expression for the switch then?

*Expert Elite*
KMercier_C3D
Message 4 of 4 (437 Views)

10-25-2011 12:50 PM in reply to: kevinjackman

Make an enumeration group with the items: ETW, Crown.

Add an Input Parameter that uses the enumeration type you defined (name: InsertionLocation)

Add a Decision with VB Expression: InsertionLocation.value="ETW" (since you only have two choices a decision is a better choice than a switch)

On the True Side do your ETW logic and on the False Side do your Crown Logic

As Peter said, you can always join the trees back together once they are the same logic again.

Kati Mercier, P.E.

Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional and AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!