Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC Switch for Insertion Point

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kevinjackman
1023 Views, 3 Replies

SAC Switch for Insertion Point

In the subassebly composer, how would I go about creating a switch to change the insertion point of my subassembly?

I have a lane with curb and gutter.  I want to allow a switch to insert at either ETW or Crown.

I think I have to create two enumerations and then switch the enumerations but I'm unsure.

Thanks!

C3D 2012.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You can't really change the insertion point for the SA it is always at 0,0, but what you can do is to move the starting point for your SA. You might also need a variable that is appled to the X dims so they flip their direction.

So you need to set P0 (assume you start at back of ETW). In case 1 you start at 0,0. in the other case, you start offset from 0,0 so that the Crown ends up at 0,0. In the second case, rename the point P0.

After you set the two P0 points, bring the branches back together and draw the rest of the points.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4

So what would be the expression for the switch then?

Message 4 of 4
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: kevinjackman

Make an enumeration group with the items: ETW, Crown.

Add an Input Parameter that uses the enumeration type you defined (name: InsertionLocation)

Add a Decision with VB Expression: InsertionLocation.value="ETW" (since you only have two choices a decision is a better choice than a switch)

On the True Side do your ETW logic and on the False Side do your Crown Logic

As Peter said, you can always join the trees back together once they are the same logic again.

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report